Awake

I stood in awe at our changing surroundings, the red glitching magic consumed our house changing it into the 1960's. Anthony clung to me, "Mommy, I'm scared!" "It's okay sweetheart." I hugged him. Bucky held onto me and Anthony as if he was going to shield us from whatever was coming to us. "Babe, what's happening?" my modern slang came back to me. "I don't know. I don't know how we got here." I could feel the coldness of his metal arm against my shoulders. "Who is doing this to us?" Anthony's blue eyes were full of terror. "That's what we're trying to figure out, pal." Bucky assured him. Suddenly the red haze was floating towards us, and we slowly backed away. "Bucky?" I reached for his hand. "I'm here, Sadie." he held my hand. With our free hands we held onto Anthony. "Fight it! Don't let it influence you!" I shouted over the loud humming that started. The red haze began to climb up us, and we closed our eyes tight as the energy passed over us. All was silent.

"Bucky? Anthony?" I said to the quietness. "We're here." Bucky told me. Our ability to fight whatever energy was keeping us in this reality seemed to work. The three of us seemed more aware of our surroundings. "Mom? Dad? Why are we dressed like old people?" Anthony was referring to our 60's outfits that we had shifted into. Bucky and I chuckled and ruffled our son's hair. "Whoever is keeping us in here seems to like sitcoms. It was like we were the ensemble cast and Wanda was the main star." I told them. "But why would they want us?" Bucky asked, he was looking around as if he was trying to find a way out. "That's a good question." I replied. "Mom, Dad, why don't we just go to the far side of West View to see if there's a road that could take us back to New York." Anthony suggested. "Great idea, son. We'll go see if there's a way out." Bucky commended. My family and I made our way out of the house and took our fancy car to the far side of West View, and the townspeople going about their day looked at us as if we were crazy. We didn't pay any attention to them, but just when we thought we were going to make it out of West View, the car wouldn't go through the road and the red glitches pushed the car back. Luckily no one was hurt, but we were still trapped. Things weren't looking good.