West View Terror

"What just happened?!" I leaned back in the car seat in shock. "Sadie, I think we're trapped here." Bucky replied trying not to alarm Anthony. "How long?" Anthony asked with a shaky voice. "We don't know sweetheart," I attempted to soothe our son. "Mommy, I'm scared." his lip began to tremble. "We'll be okay, Anthony. Your mother and I are gonna try our best to find another way out of here." Bucky assured him. I loved how well he's stepped into the role as a father, and that made me love him even more. Bucky and I looked at each other determined, and we drove back to our house.

The townspeople of West View was gathered in the town square to watch/participate in the talent show. To avoid suspicion, Bucky and I signed up to be in the talent show. We performed the tango, and after we were done Anthony did a funny pose with a rose in between his teeth. "Awwww!" The audience clapped for us, and Dottie, the head of the activities committee flounced back onto the stage. "What an amazing performance from the Barnes family! And how about their adorable son." she put her hands to her heart. Bucky, Anthony, and I bowed for the audience and then we walked off the stage to watch the rest of the show. "Next up is the magic act by Wanda and her husband, Vision! Also known as Illusion and Flourish!" we applauded as Wanda took her place on stage in a magicians' assistant costume with a black top hat, while Vision stumbled onto the stage, and nearly tripped over his long black cape. "Hello everyone, I am Illusion, and this is my lovely wife, Flourish." he slurred his speech. Vision seemed very out of it. What was going on with him? "To start off my act, I will levitate myself into the air!" suddenly he began to fly into the air, and Wanda watched in horror, and somehow made a rope appear that lifted him. "Hey! He's using a rope!" someone shouted. The audience still clapped despite that.

As the magic show went on, I noticed that Vision was trying to use his powers without realizing it. Wanda scrambled to make sure their powers weren't exposed. "Bucky, do you think we're the only ones who are awake?" I whispered to him. "Looks like it. I wonder how we can wake them up." he looked around at the oblivious townspeople. "Whoever is doing this clearly has some kind of supernatural powers." I observed. "Do you think it's that sorcerer from that used to be a surgeon?" my husband inquired. "It's a possibility," I commended my husband. "But Dr. Strange doesn't seem like the person who would watch sitcoms." I smiled at the thought of Dr. Strange watching a show like Full House. When I mentioned this to Bucky, it made him laugh. Suddenly, we felt that someone was watching us. We both looked in the direction and saw Wanda subtly glaring at us. Her glare was so powerful that it could have killed someone. "What did we do to make Wanda angry?" Bucky whispered. "I don't know, but I'm getting scared." I replied holding onto his arm. "Me too," he said. "Anthony, we gotta get back to the house." I told him. "Okay Mommy." he replied without question. We snuck away to our car and drove back to our house, we didn't call it home, because it wasn't home. West View isn't home, it's a prison.

As we were trying to find things to do around the house, we were about to go mad with boredom. We played infinite rounds of Monopoly, I cleaned the house from top to bottom, and we went outside and played endless games of catch. Suddenly, the radio sitting by our windowsill automatically turned on and static played. The Beatles warped on the radio, and then a voice came from the speaker. "Sadie, Bucky, are you and your child okay?" I didn't recognize the voice. The three of us walked cautiously into the kitchen, we didn't know what to expect. "We're okay. Who is this?" I asked the radio. "This is Jimmy Woo, from the FBI. We are trying to figure out how to get you and the other hostages out of West View." the man told us. "What have you found so far?" Bucky interrogated. "There seems to be some kind of force field surrounding the town, we've tried to break in, but it always resists." Jimmy informed us. "Yeah, can you find a way to get us out soon? It's getting really weird in here." Anthony pleaded. "Don't worry buddy, we're doing everything we can. In the mean time, can the three of you look for a possible way to get out from the inside? We're just trying to see all possible options." Jimmy told us. "Yes." Bucky and I answered at the same time. "Great, keep hanging on just a little bit longer and we'll contact you soon." said Jimmy. "Thank you, we'll try our best." I said. "Thank you. We'll keep monitoring you." Jimmy signed off and more static followed.

Things definitely got weirder the longer we were in West View, suddenly our surroundings began to shift again and we were in the 1970s.