Happy Birthday, Ginshi!

March 8

Dear Ginshi,

I know it's been a while since we last spoke, but it's your birthday and well, I've never forgotten it. 

I heard from some of the others from the neighborhood that you joined the CCG in some new, weird project to fight ghouls. Is this true? It sounds dangerous!

They said that it's because Haru is really sick and you're trying to earn money to pay for her expenses. That definitely sounds like you. You always did look after her.

I don't know how much of this is true and how much is just rumor. But since I haven't heard from you, well, since we broke up, I don't know what to believe.

I wish I had never told you that things were moving too quickly.

I wish I had been as sure of things as you were.

I just wasn't ready.

I felt we were too young,  I mean, we had just graduated from school and everything.

I didn't know that I'd miss you so much once I started classes at University.

I didn't know any of this. I'd never been in a relationship like that before.

You were my very first love, and I haven't even come close to feeling that way about anyone else, since.

I don't even know how I'll get this to you, but I'll just send it to you in care of the CCG and hope for the best.

Maybe you'll write me back? Maybe you'll find it in your heart to forgive me for breaking that same, giant, wonderful heart?

I haven't forgiven myself yet...

I do hope this finds you well and if so, you will consider writing back.

Maybe you'll come back to the neighborhood someday? I visit often, myself. I can only hope that someday I'll see you again.

Yours still,

{Y/N}

PS. Happy birthday!

--

Disclaimer : This is fan fiction.  The characters highlighted within are not mine. Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re was written by Sui Ishida. This is purely a tribute project.
There may be spoilers.