BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL | 11

Juniper woke up the next day, slipping away from her nephew, grabbing her jumper, pulling it over her head as she made her way down the stairs.

Oh, how yesterday had been eventful.

Juniper cracked her bones, grabbed a can of cherry cola and an apple. Apple a day, keeps the doctor away. She grabbed a pad of paper and a pen and sat on the sofa.

The girl scribbled what came to mind. Pictures, words and doodles included. Was this becoming a common exercise? Yes. As decided for as long as it took for her to develop all her memories she'd scribble, draw and write.

Tommy and Billy had come down at some point, Juniper didn't pay to much attention. Then they had rushed upstairs only ten minutes later. They were back not to long later.

Juniper snapped her notepad shut, before getting up and into the kitchen. She made her nephews breakfast confused as things seemed to glitch, like the games and the milk. Curiouser and curiouser. It soon stopped as she put it in the bowls.

"Jupiter?"

"Billy?"

"Why is my head really loud, am I going insane?"

"You're fine, I presume your like your mom, telepathy, you're hearing people's thoughts." She told him, placing a kiss to his head before finally taking a bite into her apple.

She caught her reflection, noticing her hair was no longer pink. How rude. It was back to its whitish blonde colour, but with blue streaks. She shrugged it off.

The boys ate their breakfast and Juniper took the bowls to the sink, cleaning them whilst ignoring their bickering.

Soon enough Wanda came and blessed them with her presence. She looked tired, to say the least. She ignored the boys, walking straight to the kitchen. She grabbed herself the milk and cereal.

Again, it glitched. Changing its brand.

Juniper looked from it too Wanda. She gathered her best friend wasn't okay.

The boys shared a look, Billy shrugging in concern.

Juniper moved from the kitchen and into the living room, grabbing her notepad to continue writing. She took a seat next to the twins on the sofa.

"Have you seen your dad?" Wanda asked, a bowls of cereal in hand.

"Um, no."

Billy looked over at his mom. "Do you wanna go look for him?" He asked softly.

Wanda shrugged it off. A lack of care in her tone and body posture. It wasn't that she didn't care, she cared to much that she was tired of it. "Well, if he doesn't wanna be here, there's nothing I can do about it."

Wanda grabbed the remote, turning off he game and putting on the news. Tommy looked at in disgust.

"Hey, mom, last night, Uncle P said that thing about re-killing dad?" Billy started, Tommy now looking from to tv with the same concern and interest.

"Don't believe anything that man said. He is not your uncle."

"Who is he?"

Juniper placed a hand on Tommy's shoulder giving it a squeeze before carrying on with her notes.

Wanda let out a breath like laugh, taking a second for herself. She placed her bowl down on the coffee table and brought her hands together. "Here's the thing boys, I'm your mom, and as such, you were counting on me to have all the answers, right?" She chuckled. The boys nodded and Juniper looked at her with furrowed brows. "Well, I don't." She told them. Tommy and Billy's face expressions mimicked Juniper's. "I have no answers." She laughed in disbelief. "Zip. Zero. Zilch. I'm starting to believe that everything is meaningless."