Chapter Five

"Percy, open your eyes," Feathers sang.

This had been going on now for nearly 30 minutes, Percy was sure of it.

"PERSEUS!"

Percy's eyes snapped open as he yelped. He was met with the vision of a laughing Triton and Feathers. After finding out that Feathers was actually called Anteros and also happened to be his brother, the other two gods were unbearable. They found it incredibly funny that Percy's eyes had started changing colours when he experienced different emotions. For some reason they liked when he was startled the most. Even though they wouldn't tell him what colour they had changed too.

Before he had started laughing, Triton explained that since gods could change their appearance at will it also applied to him. Until he learned to control it, it would change according to his emotions.

Percy hoped it stayed in his eyes, he liked his hair colour and didn't particularly want to wake up as an alpaca or a starfish for that matter.

Triton and Anteros had started laughing before they explained that much to him.

His brothers were mean.

Why were the gods mean?

Apollo isn't mean, said his brain.

Not now, Percy replied.

"Ah Percy, you're here. I assume Triton has explained to you what he'll be teaching you," said Poseidon, ducking under the archway of the door.

"No he didn't," Percy said, pushing Anteros away from him. "They're just bullying me."

Anteros just sat down beside him instead and threw one tail across his lap. "Relax Starfish, its cute. All gods would agree."

"What?" Poseidon said. Stopping in confusion.

Triton swam over to Percy's other side and grabbed his brothers chin, forcing him to look at their father. "Look! His eyes keep changing!"

Poseidon gave Triton a tired look and turned around to swim back out of the room. Just before he left he turned around and looked at Percy, ignoring his other two sons. "Kymopoleia will be here shortly to show you how to cause storms." His eyes flickered to the laughing form of Anteros. "She'll also teach you how to get rid of those two probably. That is if she doesn't join them."

Percy paled and sadly watched his saviour swim out of sight.

Triton made Percy face him, "Blues will definitely join us." The god of the tides grinned manically.

Oh no, Percy's conscious said.

The loyalty god found himself agreeing with his consciousness for what could be the first time ever.

This would not be good.

* * *

Apollo was going mental.

Actually mental. More so than usual for a god.

He didn't want to leave Percy, but he did have his duties to do as the sun god. He made a promise to Helios, a promise he planned to keep. Also while he had been turned mortal, he had felt guilty every day that he did not drive the sun. He had to play his part in all of this. The part he had to play.

Thanks Fates, really appreciate it, Apollo thought. Hopefully they wouldn't hear it and turn him mortal.

He'd had enough of that for his entire immortal lifetime.

Enough suffering had been caused last time he was turned mortal. He didn't want to cause anymore. He was the god of healing for gods sake. He hated whenever a life was lost. Especially when he was mortal, knowing that if he was a god then that he could have saved them.