Chapter Twelve

"Tada here we are, we escaped from Dad!" Kym said happily. Doing a dance of the gods through the street. Mortals stopped to stare at the mesmerising dance. Triton joined in for the attention because he's just like that™.

The mortals stared entranced as the two siblings did the elaborate dance in perfect harmony. Mirroring each others movements like they had being doing this for centuries.

They probably have, Percy realised. Maybe even for millennia.

Brother and sister started circling eachother. Forearms touching, palms raised to the sky. Other arm behind their backs, as if they were about to bow down. Which is exactly what they then did.

Percy stared mesmerised as well. A faint memory came up in his head of doing this exact dance with a certain blond music god. He knew the moves that they would then make, before they even made them.

There was a tug at his heart and the feeling that he was being watched. It wasn't an uneasy one. Warmth spread through him and he smelt brass.

"Hey," said a man to his left. "Were they with you?"

Percy wanted to feel skeptical at the weird question, but he just felt warm all over with a fluttery feeling in his chest.

"Yes they were."

"Do you know the dance they're doing?"

"Yes I do actually. But its one done between two people so I can't join in."

"I know that. I was just curious, thats all," said the man. He looked Percy up and down, before extending his hand towards Percy. "May I have this dance?"

Percy thought of Apollo and was about to decline his offer. That was before he saw it. The blue eyes that perfectly mirrored the sky above.

Percy grinned and looked him up and down in return. Tall with dark hair, gorgeous blue eyes that Percy never wanted to look away from. Strong arms and an athletic build. "You know what, I think I will."

The taller man grinned as they to started to circle one another, palms raised to the sky. Forearms touching, one arm behind their backs. They bowed to each other before starting into the dance.

The crowd of mortals backed away in a wide circle. Even more stopping to watch now that another pair had joined the dance.

"So-" Percy started. "What brings you down to Earth Sunshine?"

"How did you guess?" he faltered for a second and Percy was praising the fates that he was right. In truth all he was going off was the eyes the same as the cloudy sky above.

Percy flashed the god a smug grin, "It was obvious."

"I think you forget who I am sometimes Starfish. You can't lie to me."

"Your eyes gave it away."

"So you notice my eyes then," Apollo smirked. Stepping forward to immediately dip Percy down. Breaking the routine of dance they were in. Dipping him down the same way he had at the party. Except this time Percy was aware of the burning sensations that radiated from the sun god.

The two hands on his back making warmth travel through his body. The eye-contact stealing his breath away. Apollo's leg between his own two ones making him want more. Their hips pressed together forcing electricity through his veins. And of course, the mad blush across Percy's face.

"What's wrong love? You're looking a little red," Apollo said. Percy could hear the smirk in his voice as he couldn't look away from his eyes.

Apollo lifted him back up to his feet with a slight twirl before starting to circle around again. Their forearms pressed together but Apollo kept one hand on Percy's waist. Probably to stop him falling over, which Percy was glad for because his legs had turned to jelly and his insides to mush.