Chapter Sixteen

Poseidon helped Percy flash to Apollo's temple.

His Dad had said that he was only doing it to be sure that any gods wouldn't try to kidnap him (again). Percy felt that the comment was about Hera because Poseidon had glared at the sky after he had said it.

Percy was all for watching the Poseidon vs Hera smack down. Fully confident that his Dad would win.

"Um thanks," Percy said after they had both appeared outside the golden temple.

Poseidon hummed, looking around. An arm protectively around Percy's shoulders.

"You know you can go back home now, I'll just head on inside," Percy said, starting to feel slightly awkward with his father's silence.

"No," Poseidon said firmly. Leaving no room for argument. "I'll stay until Apollo comes. Just to make sure that you won't be ambushed the moment you step inside."

"You're paranoid."

"I'm just thinking of all the possible outcomes."

Percy rolled his eyes, "Well one possible outcome is that it is all perfectly safe and Apollo is inside."

Poseidon obviously chose not to answer. Instead he stepped forward to knock the door before stepping back and resuming his paranoid train of thought.

"Hi, how can I- oh hi love, hello Poseidon," Apollo said answering the door after a few seconds.

Poseidon glared at Apollo before releasing his hold on Percy. "If you break my sons heart, you will never be able to go into any form of water again."

Apollo smiled sheepishly at the sea god. "Good thing I'm not planning on breaking his heart."

Poseidon nodded. Then he pulled Percy into a quick hug and flashed away.

"Your Dad is scary," Apollo stated, opening the door further for Percy to slip inside.

Percy laughed, "You should have heard the speech he gave me before taking me here."

Apollo moved closer to Percy, arms snaking around his waist. "I'm glad I didn't, I wouldn't have been able to look away from you."

"Shut up and kiss me," Percy said, closing the distance between them just as he had finished speaking.

Apollo happily complied. Kissing him back. Pulling him closer. Tilting his head so that he could deepen the kiss.

They didn't break apart for several minutes. Relishing in the fact that neither of them needed to breath. What broke them apart was Apollo pushing Percy against a wall.

Breathing heavily, Percy grinned at the older god, "I missed you."

"It's been a week, surely it hasn't been that bad," Apollo said, leaning down to press gentle kisses along Percy's neck.

Percy groaned, "It was worse." His head fell back against the wall and he closed his eyes. Enjoying the feeling of comfort Apollo gave him just by merely being in his presence. "I felt like all the fun stuff in life had gone away."

Apollo smirked against Percy's neck, "I think you mean hot stuff."

Percy's breathing hitched as Apollo kissed along his jawline, "I guess I do."

"You know, I never did get that 'later' you had promised me," Apollo said, lifting his head. Looking Percy in the eye, waiting for an answer.

"Well then, I know what we could do," Percy said, eyes not changing from red.

Apollo grinned before closing the gap between them again. Crouching down slightly to lift the loyalty god up by the legs. Apollo stood up straight, wrapping Percy's legs around his waist without breaking the kiss. Apollo slammed Percy against the wall again. They broke apart for a second.