chapter 8

He laughed loudly, "I'll try, dear."
I waved goodbye to him and got in.
__________

Adam's POV

And now.. Joe!
I went back into the restaurant and looked for Joe. After a short time I found him standing in the corner with a couple of girls. Annoyed, I cleared my throat and stared at him.

,,Oh Adam!"

He approached me with a smile. Suddenly I felt a certain sadness...that smile....

,,What do you want, my old friend?"

,,Why are you here?"

,,I already told you that I work here. I can't help it that you always came here."

I looked to the side and whispered:"We..."

,,What?"

,,Nothing."

Joe started laughing and tapped my shoulder.

,,Come on, Adam. It's late and we're closing soon. You should go back home."

Without another word I turned and walked home lost in my thoughts.

Y/N's POV

The next morning I woke up and got ready. When I saw my father downstairs, I immediately got in a bad mood again.

,,What are you doing here? I thought you were working?"

,,Not today. We have a meeting tonight."

,,What? Why? Where?"

,,It's business. We were invited by the Ainosuke family."

Ainosuke family...Ainosuke...that sounds familiar somehow...

,,When is the meeting?"

,,9pm"

,,That late?! I have to work tomorrow!!"

,,I donr care. Speaking of work...go now. I'll see you later."

Annoyed, I went to work. It was not a nice day, first my father and then I just don't want to remember who Ainosuke is.
During my break I called Reki and asked him if we could meet.
At 4pm I finally got off work. I went on my way to meet Reki. We arranged to meet at the skatepark. When I got there, I saw him from far away. You just can't miss the red hair haha. I smiled and hugged him.

,,Hey Reki! Seeing you definitely puts me in a better mood."

,,Why? What happened?"

,,My father happened."

,,Oh..."

We sat in silence for a few minutes.

,,Don't worry about it Y/N!"

I looked up at him and nodded. Then I took his skateboard and skated.

,,Hey don't you have your own?!"

,,I forgot mine hehe"

I stuck my tongue out at him and skated around a bit doing some simple tricks. But the strange feeling of being watched didn't go away all the time. However, when I looked around, there was no one except Reki and a few other teenagers.

,,Y/N it's late!!!"

I looked at my phone and saw the time.

,,Omg already so late?! I have to go!!!"

Before Reki could say anything, I hugged him and ran home. My dad was nowhere to be found. I decided to get ready anyway so he wouldn't annoy me again. Finally my father showed up as well. We drove to a big mansion. Impressive...

We got out of the car and saw someone waiting for us at the door....