Twenty Four

Zeal

The day after Christmas, I heard our parents down stairs laughing. Harlow was still fast asleep in bed, so I wiggled out of her embrace, kissed her forehead and got ready to go downstairs. We were going to leave for our University the following day with Harlow's parents. They plan to stay an extra few days with us at my apartment. But before we leave I needed to talk to Papa about my decision to either join a league or continue my studies.

We were in my papa's study. "Papa, I'm not sure what I want to do. The offer to play in Los Angeles is surreal. Then there's Chicago, my hometown and they offered me a starter for their league, but I also have a few more years to become a doctor in physical therapy."

"Can you take online classes to get your degree, hunny?" Papa asked.

"I can, but there's rotation and the clinical side of it that I need to attended and be present. I rather not stress myself with it and dedicate myself to one."

"What does your heart tell you?"

"I want to play ball," I laughed. "But my head says school.  Agh, I can't decide. I love basketball, but I'm also thinking about my future."

"Why don't you play ball for a few years. See if you like it. School will always be there. You're a straight A student, you are about to graduate with a bachelors soon and that alone can get you a coaching position in the future. If you want to further your education, it will always be available, but basketball is a once in a lifetime experience. What is it like 1% of NCAA players get drafted a year?"

I thought about what my dad said. "You're right, papa. I think I know what to do now." I gave him a big hug and kiss on the cheek. "Now I need to talk to Harlow and I guess coordinate our future." I chuckled.

"You really love her, don't you?"

"I do Papa. She's my one." I smiled then teared a little. "She's my everything. I think I found my other half. Wait! I know I found my other half and it's her, papa!"

"I'm happy for you, hunny. She's a very lovely young lady." I nodded and hugged him again.

——————-
Harlow

It's already March again. It's been a year since Zeal's accident and she's finally able to opt-in for the upcoming draft that I fully supported her in. As for me, I've been working on the weekends at a studio teaching dance. I've started with a few students every Saturday for at least an hour, but by just word of mouth from them, I have a full class every weekend. It's so surreal that maybe my goals and dreams to open a business is coming sooner than I thought.

"Baby, I gotta get up." I teased Zeal.

"Do you have to? I just want to cuddle you to pieces." She grabbed hold of me tighter then climbed on top of me and kissed my neck.

"Babe, we can't start this," I laughed under her embrace. "I'll be late to work."

"Nope nope..." she continued to kiss me on my chest inching her fingertips closer to my core letting me moan for desperation, but knowingly I knew we had to stop before it even started.

"Zeal!!" I bit onto her ear lobes. "I love you baby, but I really need to get ready."

"Argh, fine." She rolled over from on top of me and plopped on the bed. I rolled over to my side and gave her chaste kisses on her cheeks and neck. "I'll be back in like 3 hours tops. Then we can continue okay?"

She rolled her eyes then gave me puppy eyes. "Please hurry!" She's such a baby. I laughed and kissed one more time then got ready for work.

~~~~~~~

"Great job class. Come gather around...." I called my group of dancers. "I've signed us up for a dance competition that is set for June. That's 3 months away. For those who are willing to participate and can give their all, please let me know and sign your name on this sheet. I need a least 10 willing participants and you have until next weekend to let me know. Thank you. You are dismissed."

Some of my dancer came up to me to chat about the competition, and some asked about signing up. I had a beginners class and I had an advance class. So I had to make a 2 sets of performance for each. With a group of 20-30 students per class, I knew I wouldn't have trouble getting participants. I know this will be tedious and long weekends and possibly some weeknight included to make these full routines, but I was proud of my dancers and I know they can do it.

As I made my way home, I saw Ace's car outside our condo which possibly mean that Stacey was here too.

"Baby, I'm. Home."

"In the kitchen, Love." I followed the laughter to the kitchen finding my girlfriend cooking in her basketball shorts and sports bra. Her abs on display, her sculpted arms flexing as she stirs some sort of pasta sauce. What I would do to eat her up right now. Okay thoughts, save it for later. Our friends are over. I made my way over to Zeal and wrapped my arms around her neck. "Miss you!" I gave her a kiss on her soft lips.

"Miss you too baby! I'm making Mushroom Cream Cashew Pasta."

"You know I just come here for the food, right?!" Ace giggled.

"I know. That's why I always make extra knowing yo' ass will be over."

"I come cuz my girlfriend drags me here!" Stacey Laughed.

"Oh come on," I chuckled. "You know you're here for the food too."

"Okay, you caught me. It taste like fancy restaurant food, but free. If basketball don't work out for you, Zeal, you should just open your own restaurant."

"Haha! Yeah nope. I do this for fun. How do you think I got Harlow." She turned to me and winked.

"You know I'm not with you for your cooking." I protested.

"Or maybe you're with me for the sex..." she joked. Ace and Stacey giggled at my expense and I rolled my eyes at them. "I'm just joking baby. I know you love me and you're with me for my body!" She added.

"God, baby! You're such a punk!"

"But I'm your punk." She leaned over and nuzzled her face in my neck and kissed me.

I love this woman. There's never a dull moment with her. She's always making me laugh even if she acts so childish. I slapped her ass that gave her a little Yelp! "So does that mean we getting down tonight?" She said with a devilish grin on her cute ass face.

I rolled my eyes at her again. "Please wait for us to leave!" Stacey interjected. "We all know how loud y'all are."

I blushed red like a tomato thinking of the few times Ace and Stacey slept over in the guest room. We were at it for a few hours and the next morning Ace and Stacey didn't get any sleep and they had dark circles around their eyes. "Sorry guys! But what can I say. Can't get enough of my Queen!" Zeal smiled.

"Yeah yeah, Z. We know. Doesn't matter if it's in your bed, in the locker room, the classrooms or library. You guys work out more than anyone of us combined."

"How do you think I get these," Zeal pointing at her abs laughing.

Our conversations are anything but pg-13. It's always great hanging out with them. Whatever the stress of the day was, I knew I could always count on them to put a smile on my face. I love them and I'm glad they are in my life.