Twenty Six

Harlow

Last two month have been overwhelming to say the least. Practice have been crazy with competition coming up; but not only that, I had my dance groups that I'm rehearsing with for their dance competition. Zeal's been busy with practice and games that we rarely have time to just sit and relax. We were too tired that sleep was pretty much our past time together.

It's already March and Zeal and the team made it into the finals four again. And she had one more game to go before they head into the finals in early April. To be honest, even I was nervous for her. Her last year in college, and hopefully she can get her dream to not only win the championship, but also get drafted.

I ended practice early and cancelled todays practice with my class to get some much needed rest. I'm sure my teams were grateful for some rest. They needed it. They were non stop the last few weeks and deserve a 3 days break. They all memorized their routines. Just polishing timing was really all that was needed.

I sat down in the bleachers watching Zeal command the team.

"Okay, ladies... why the fuck are we still messing up this play? We do this so many times during the game and yet we still haven't perfected the passes. We got this."

"Z, can we take a break and recoup. We need water." One of her teammates requested.

"Fine, fine... take a 10mins break," Zeal's coach agreed.

Zeal sigh in disbelief and went to grab her water. She sat down next to me and kissed my cheek.

"Babe," I told her, "You gotta relax!  They need you as a leader not some crazy authoritarian."

"This game depends on a lot of things for me in the future, baby," she put her head down.

"Win or Lose you tried your best. Trust your teammates. The scouts will see that you put your effort and are a team leader."

"We win this we go to the finals!  Even if I don't get picked to be drafted, getting to the finals would be a dream come true."

"You'll be fine and I know you and the team will do great. You guys always do."

Zeal laid her head on my shoulder, "Always know the right words to say." She lifted her head and kissed me on the cheeks again.

"Why aren't you at rehearsals?" She questioned me.

"I gave everyone a break? They needed it. And your team needs it. Look at them, all dragging themselves to the court. "

"Ahhh, you're absolutely right! I should tell coach to end early today. We got this far. I know they can take it further."

"Anndddd..." I continued, "Give us some much needed time together. We can go grab dinner before we head home and still have time to cuddle and watch a movie."

Zeal set her hands on both sides of my body as I sat on the  bleachers and leaned in for a peck on the lips. "Why does that sound so fucking good right, now?"

I kissed her back, "Go get ur stuff and let's go. I'm starving."

"Okay," Zeal kissed my forehead. "I'll be right back."
She turned her heel and headed straight to the coach who seemed like he agreed and the team rejoiced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner we took a quick shower and sat on the couch for some much needed cuddle time. We started to watch a marvel movie, but way into the movie we fell asleep. Much needed rest for the both of us. Our brains were fried, our bodies ached; our muscles drained from energy. Just a few more months of this busy schedule and just a few more months of college and we are free. At least for the time being.