Round Two

A/N: School is still beating the fuck out of me. Seriously, I'm running out of steam in all my classes.

So we're still sticking to this story for now. It's far faster to write with my laid out prompts.

Besides, I actually need to look over some stuff for TY before I continue. Especially with how I want to wrap it all up in the next 10 or so chapters.

Quick warning, a lot of fights this time around.

Edit: Hey, if you read the manga, keep it to yourself. And none of this "Laughs in Manga reader" either. It still makes it fairly obvious to our anime only readers.

Older info is fine, like 1-A vs 1-B stuff, or maybe a bit beyond that if we're pushing it as it's been out for quite some time and even anime only readers know. But such recent events are not to be shared publicly, got it? Especially since there's a good chance I don't even take that route with my stories.

.....

"And Kyouka Jirou once again doesn't disappoint! She's moving on to the next round!"

Well…

Ochako couldn't say she didn't ask for it.

She took deep breaths, her body already tired from her constant charging. Looking down, her eyes fell on her foot. The one foot that slipped over the edge, securing Kyouka the win. 

She lost, but...she actually didn't feel too bad about it. Was she disappointed? Of course. Anyone would be. But…

Ochako looked up, Kyouka's hand reaching down to her. "C'mon. Let's get back to the boys." 

... Losing didn't feel so bad when it was against her friend. Especially someone who inspired her so much. 

It was a loss, yes. But that just meant she would work to make it her last. 

Ochako reached up, grabbing Kyouka's hand and pulled herself up to her feet. As they walked to the entrance into the stadium, the brunette looked to her friend. "Where'd you learn how to fight like that?"

"Ah, don't give me all the credit. Izuku was the one who thought my jacks would work in hand-to-hand combat. He helped me make my own fighting style."

"Wow, really? Is that the kind of stuff he's always writing down in his notebooks?" They reached the steps and began climbing up towards their class's seating. 

"Oh, yeah that's kind of his hobby. Hero info, ideas, all that stuff."

"Either way, you took that fighting style and really did a number on me. You guys really are amazing. I gotta learn how to fight like that."

With a slight blush from the praise, Kyouka tapped her jacks together. "Thanks." As Kyouka continued up the steps, Ochako stopped at the landings. Confused, Kyouka looked behind her. "You coming?"

"Uh…" Ochako lifted up her phone, a phone call waiting to be received. "I gotta take this. I'll catch up. If I'm not up there by then, tell Iida I said good luck." The brunette walked down the hallway, answering the call. Kyouka caught a little bit of the conversation before moving further up the steps. “Hi, Dad...Yeah, I guess it was kinda close...I know her, Jirou’s one my friends I told you about.”  

That was all Kyouka heard before both the distance between the two teens grew too far for her to hear. Her parents...Kyouka was happy she won, but still couldn’t help but feel like Ochako deserved the win more than she did. The livelihood of a family, unless a miracle happened, depended on Ochako. But, what’s done is done. And Ochako seemed more determined than ever.