Audition

A/N: The new Sam Evans book is here!The first chapter at least, for you to get a feel of the story and for me to get some feedback in your opinions. I hope you enjoy reading this one as much as you did the Yes or No series (if you did), and, as always, let me know what you think! I'm pretty excited for the story, so, without further ado, let's get into it! Also, the next chapter will be up next week.

"There she is!" JBI said, as he rushed down the hallway with his cameraman close behind him. "Winnie Archer. Did your list of hookups increase during summer?"

At that, Winnie smirked, rolling her eyes and throwing her hair to the side a bit as she closed her locker and turned to face JBI and his camera.

"You would love to know, wouldn't you?" She asked with a wink as she spun around in her heels to walk away.

"Scott Clark from the basketball team guarantees you two did it in the backseat of his car." JBI insisted as he rushed after Winnie.

"Can't confirm or deny." She shrugged, unbothered.

"Rose Adams from the Cheerios says you hooked up too just last week." The boy said, as Winnie rolled her eyes again. "Is it true?"

"Doesn't matter."

"No denial!" JBI yelled as he turned to his camera. "That's going up!"

"Is that all, Jacob?" Winnie asked, unamused.

"Twitter wants to know... What is an estimation of the people from that school that you've been with?" JBI asked, causing the brunette to groan.

"It's none of your business." Winnie said.

"But Twitter..."

"Twitter can suck it."

Winnie could see JBI opened his mouth to speak, but, before he could, he found Mike and Tina walking side by side down the hallways and, finally leaving Winnie alone, JBI went after the two of them.

"What can you say about the rumors the two of you are dating?" He asked, shoving his mic in between the two of them as they both rolled his eyes.

"Because we're both Asian?" Tina scoffed as Winnie watched the two of them, amused. "That's racist."

"Totally racist." Mike agreed.

JBI frowned a bit and stopped following the two of them around. He had thought about going after Winnie again, but the girl was already rushing after her best friend Mike Chang and his secret girlfriend and Jacob actually found something far more interesting than Winnie Archer and her summer hookups: because, as soon as Mike and Tina deemed it safe, they started holding hands and, passing by, Artie frowned at the scene.

"Did you get that?" JBI asked his camera, happy to have caught Artie's hurt on tape. "You saw it here first."

Rolling her eyes, Winnie caught up to Mike and Tina as she started to walk down the hallway with them.

"If you want to keep your relationship on the down-low, holding hands in public is not the way to do it, you know?" Winnie said, as Mike smiled a bit as he looked at his best friend.

"We don't want to keep it a secret." Mike shrugged as Tina nodded from beside him. "We just didn't want JBI to say anything about it in his newspaper."

"Fair enough." Winnie shrugged, before smirking at Mike as he walked around him to wrap her arm around Tina's instead. "Now, Tina and I have Biology, so I'm stealing your girl for a while, okay?"

"Fine." Mike smiled, happy that the two of them had clicked so well ever since he started showing an interest on Tina the year before, becoming rather close during summer vacation. "I'll see you two for lunch?"