Blame it on the alcohol

Of course a Rachel Berry Party would be boring and full of rules, but as soon as the girl realized everyone was starting to make up excuses to leave before the party had even started, she decided to let Puckerman break into her dads' liquor cabinet.

Now, that was a party.

The music was loud, the laughter was free and the booze was running around like crazy. Winnie wasn't entirely sure how many cups of alcohol she had taken already and she vaguely remembered doing some body shots off of Santana. She knew she wasn't being particularly responsible and she was pretty sure she had never been that drunk in her life, but who cares? Her mom and dad didn't even know she was out and she was planning on going back home only when she knew her sisters would be already in bed, so no one would even know.

So what was the harm of shooting down another cup of tequila anyway?

At some point during the night, Winnie ended up sitting beside Mercedes as she and Tina laughed at everything. Winnie joined in with them, laughing at nothing and everything at the same time as Mike just watched the trio, highly amused. Winnie wasn't even sure how long she had been in Rachel Berry's basement, but, at some point, Rachel had decided to be bold, apparently.

"Let's spin the bottle!" She yelled as everyone cheered and reunited in the middle of the room for a round of spin the bottle. "Who wants to play spin the bottle?"

And play spin the bottle they did. With everyone more than a bit intoxicated already, every combination was a funny one and every kiss deserved a round of applause. After a few rounds, it was finally Winnie's turn and as she leaned over the bottle, she staggered a bit as she took one of her hands off the floor as she stood there on her knees to place it over the bottle instead.

"Let's see who's the lucky one to get a kiss from Miss Archer tonight." She smirked at the group as they all cheered when she spun the bottle.

And of course... Of course it had to land on Sam Evans of all people. Reaching over Tina, Mike punched Winnie lightly. He was slightly drunk however, so he hit her a bit harder than intended and she tumbled to the side, only to be caught by Sam Evans himself.

"Another kiss from Winnie Archer for you, Evans." She smirked up at him as he held her in his arms awkwardly, reaching up with a smile to brush a strand of his hair out of his face.

"Lucky me, I guess." Sam smiled down at her.

And if anyone asked, they would both say it was because they were drunk, but as they stayed there, frozen in that place with Winnie practically laying over Sam's lap, they could swear they felt sparks.

"Lucky you." Winnie whispered, snapping Sam from his trance as he wet his lips in anticipation.

Before he could lean down all the way however, a very drunk Santana called out to them.

"You know what? A reminder..." She yelled as everyone but Sam and Winnie turned to look at her, too hypnotized with one another to even think about looking away. "I owns that guppy mouth. Those trouty Aerosmith lips belong to me, so..."

And before Santana could continue ranting, Winnie reached up to tangle her fingers in Sam's hair as she brought his face down to her for their kiss. As expected, the group cheered for them, laughing drunkenly at their kiss but Winnie didn't really care, moving off of Sam's lap to kneel beside him instead without breaking contact with him. Pulling back to breath, the two of them were ready to go at it again, but Santana spoke up again.

"You know what this is not? Hey, honeys." She said, waving her hand in between the pair as they broke apart, but kept their eyes on one another as Winnie smirked at Sam's flustered stated. "It's not a Big Red commercial. No me gusta."