» four

chapter four:
'sho and ki'

the last day of intense ultimate move training was finally over

the last day of intense ultimate move training was finally over. class 1-A was sitting in their classroom, waiting for the final bell to ring before they all could relax back at the dorms. Kiyo had her headphones in, the song hell nos and headphones by Hailee Steinfeld blasting through her ears. though the sound of her classmates thoughts weren't bothering her, their loud voices as they all chatting amongst themselves did in fact give her a headache.

she sat at her desk scrolling through her playlist with her feet up on the desk, much like how Bakugou sat behind her. she decided to let the boy have his seat back on her second day. his loud and angry voice annoyed her, so she did it so that she wouldn't have to get an earful from him every morning.

unknown to Kiyo, a pair of heterochromic eyes were studying her from the back of the room. Shoto Todoroki could feel that she was familiar, that he had seen her somewhere before, but he couldn't figure where. and that drove him crazy. her last name sounded familiar to him too. he had heard the name Taniguchi before, and he had met the grey eyed girl with bangs long before High School.

finally deciding to get answers, he walked over to her desk and tapped her shoulder. Kiyo looked up at the duel colored hair boy with at first wide, but then furrowed brows.

"what's up, Shoto?" she asked. they had been in the same class for four days now, and he had yet to approach her until now. it made her a bit sad, but she would never admit it.

Todoroki's eyes scrunched together, "why did you call me by my first name? how do I know you?"

oh my god.... Kiyo nearly laughed his questions. he totally doesn't recognize me. no wonder he hasn't talked to me this week.

Kiyo sat up properly in her chair, giving the son of Endeavor a warm smile, "Kiyo Taniguchi, daughter of your dads former partner, Third Eye. it's been a while, hasn't it, Sho?"

Todoroki's eyes widened. he felt so stupid for not realizing it sooner. her eyes, her hair, that quirk. it's been 4 years since he'd seen his best friend, "Ki...."

Kiyo's smile widened as she watched his eyes soften. he remembered her, "I saw you during the recommendation exam, but I decided that I wasn't going to go to UA, so I didn't talk to you"

Todoroki's lips formed a frown as he remembered the last time he saw her. back when she wanted nothing more than to be a hero like her father.

the two eleven year olds, Shoto and Kiyo, sat in the dining room of the Todoroki house as they watched the latest news story. downtown Kamino Ward was erupted into chaos as a wolf like villain with sharp claws started to attack innocent civilians along with members of his group. local heroes were trying to get everyone to safety as some others were trying to stop the villains.