» seven

chapter seven:
'the element of surprise'

the stakes were high when it was announced that only 10 spots were left before the first part of the exam ended

Kiyo and Aizawa couldn't tell how many of their class had passed. both of them were full of nerves, yet neither of them showed it.

during a moment of silence on their end, a bright beam of light shows up in the mountain area. thanks to getting the chance to see everyone's quirks during their ultimate move training, Kiyo knew exactly who caused the light. and when a giant flock of birds followed suit, she knew that her class was ready to fight. they were ready to win.

"show offs," she mumbled, watching alongside her teacher and Joke.

she's not afraid to say that she did have some doubts, knowing how her classmates are, but deep down she believed in them. if it were her down there, she knew for a fact that at a point she would become overwhelmed and feel like giving up.

"the pressures on now! in the final minutes, UA  came together and pulled off some absolutely insane combo!" the broadcaster said over the loudspeaker. only 4 spots left.

Kiyo clutched her book tightly, her nerves sky-rocketing in anticipation. if anyone fails i'll beat them to a pulp, then leave them to deal with Aizawa. she thought as only two spots remained.

"THE LAST STUDENTS PASSED!"

Kiyo looked down to the seats below where Aizawa sat. he nodded, signaling that everyone in their class made it through.

"every spot is now filled! one hundred students will advance! the end is finally here, WAHOO!"

Kiyo let out a loud sigh of relief, leaning her elbows on the seat in between Aizawa and Joke, "they just had to keep us on the edge of our seats, huh?"

Aizawa glared down at the now empty arena, "we are training so hard when we get back"

Joke laughed, "oh, come on, you're happy aren't you?"

"furious"

"then what's with that sparkle in your eye?"

"annoyance"

"come on, sir, you can smile for us," Kiyo said, joining Joke in teasing her teacher.

"hard pass"

Joke grinned while watching the two interact, "aww Eraser! you're so cute with your kids! please have mine"

"not happening"

the two adults went back and forth for the next ten minutes while the second stage of the exam was being set up. Kiyo snickered quietly at the comments from Aizawa. she could tell that he was getting annoyed, and that brought her joy. the banter between them reminded Kiyo of how her parents and herself acted. they were so full of energy while Kiyo didn't give a shit about anything most of the time.