twenty ; different same

Wanda reentered Hogwarts castle with a spring of glee in every step, a smile radiating from her lips and a dangerous look in her eye.  Her lungs and heart was jumping to a chaotic melody, an addicting high. And all of this came in the form of Basil.

Walking in front of the Slytherin boy, they did not receive the usual strange glances from earlier in their potion class, instead it was the usual... its a Slytherin, glance. The walked normally, following what society deemed on the two Slytherin students.

With her hands swinging by her side, hair flying and a strange aura coming from her, she screamed ditzy. Her carefree spirit starting from the dark eyeliner, to the tie slightly loose. All of it, was completely different to her universe, and she thrived. She would go down as the only teenager to say that their teenage years were their best years in their life.

Whereas, Basil was aristocratic in every way, his hands in pockets, his robes flying behind him and his hair in its usual mess. Eyes of his shade seemed darker, seemed more charismatic and seemed more Slytherin. He was the same man as before, but different, as if a secret was trapped within his mind. 

Whipping her hair out of her face, she came to face Basil, as she took his hands out of his pockets and forced him down the stairs, a skip in her step, her laughter begging the two to run faster and his crookered smile ensuring they did not miss a beat. A shiver went down Wanda's spine, the euphoria of choosing her future made her want to scream, to sing and to burn everything to the ground. Villains are never predesigned but decided on the victor, and Wanda was determined to win anything that life presented her. She would be what Slytherin embodied.

Wanda pushed open the Slytherin door's, and entered the common room, lit by strange green flames and covered in all the rich, wealthy and powerful would need to remind them of their status. Walls of books and painted art and all things fine was scattered. It wasn't home, but boy, would Wanda love to call this home.

"Where have you two been?" Tabby yelled from one of the leather couches towards the back of the common room, causing plenty of the older, and specifically male, students to cuss about her lack of manners.

"None of your business," Basil retorted, as he made his way to sit down next to Draco, "Had a friendly chat to our dear Miss Maximoff."

Rolling her eyes, she made her way to sit on the floor next to Daphne and Blaise, who were busily completing their transfiguration essays. Her smile did not leave her face for the rest of the day, or week, or even month.

"Let me show you," Her fingers glowing ever so slightly, as she brought it up to his head, "Do you trust me?"

Basil looked down at Wanda, his eyes not leaving hers as he nods, "When have I ever been known to do... what I should doing?"

Closing her eyes, everything went red.

Mind alternating was something Wanda had been secretly working on since her release, and under the observation of Vision. Even her beloved did not know she dived into this type of magic, it was dark, it was vile, and it was everything that went against her rules on her release.

Opening her eyes, she was inside a cube, as big as her dorm she shared with Tabby and Daphne, and so was Basil, his eyes showing a mixture or fear and curiosity. The surrounding was red, all of it, as it was a world of her creation, not a world in his memory.

Unlike the past, where she manipulated memories, in making those relive their darkest terrors, she was attempting an unknown kind of magic, and unfortunately Basil was going to be her first lab rat, willing or unwilling.