twenty-one ; brothers of yule

Painted red lips stared back at her in the mirror, not a smile nor a frown. Just lips. Silver lips, deceitful lips and her lips. The velvety formula of the lipstick made it's mark, and Wanda could only stare ahead, ignoring the fact this was her fourth layer. Far too much product stained her cheeks.

Her eyes couldn't drop their gaze. She was the happiest she's been for years, and yet? She was a bigger mess than ever before. Her eyes no longer sparkled a nice blue, instead, it was a lilac purple. Her finger's were tinted red, and her magic seemed to be itching at every nerve in her body, begging, begging for release. As if her magic had feelings, they begged, and begged to be used or released.

Wanda would do neither.

Closing her eyes, she muttered the same mantra she had curated only a few days prior, I am okay, before she reopened them. A small sparkle of red radiated from her as she exited the bedroom and was welcomed by a friendly embrace, Daphne. 

'There you are!', she exclaimed, 'I was just talking about you to Blaise'. 

Her voice carried in the room, and Wanda instantly knew the entire group was in her shared dorm, watching her with wide eyes, their... slightly warmer than normal eyes. Sending them a smile, she brought her focus back to Daphne, who was a sunshine embodied in a girl, her smile was infectious and her laugh was something to preach behind. She was everything Wanda wanted to be, the popular and pretty girl from the sitcoms  she used to watch. Or she wanted to be Tabby, the loyal best friend... or Basil and Greg who's humour-like presence made up for their lack of intelligence. Blaise was the posh boy, and Pansy the rich girl. She wanted it all.

'Where are you staying for yule?'

Where was she staying? She definitely knew she would be welcomed at 12 Grimmauld place, but did she really want to go back? No, she didn't.

Before her answer could leave her mouth, she heard the hollow and clipped tone that could only come from one man's lips, 'Daphne wants you to stay at Malfoy Manor'.

Never have her eyes darted so quickly to Draco Malfoy, but she had no choice. The boy barely spoke, and if anything, he seemed to watch her with caution and would study her when he believed her not watching. He didn't trust her, and neither would Wanda had she been him. 

His mouth curved into a grin she had never seen, almost the same boyish grin that Basil carried with him everywhere, 'Daphne believes if you stay at Malfoy Manor, that by the time my mother's Yule Ball comes around...', he paused, 'You would have bewitched me into being more than cordial with you-'

The tutting from Blaise cut him off, 'I believe Daphne said,' he paused as he went on to do his best impression of the Greengrass girl, 'Oh Draco, It would be a great opportunity for you to actually get a girl I approve-'

Laughter slipped from Pansy's and Tabby's mouth as Daphne burnt a bright red, quickly moving to clamp Blaise's mouth with her hand, but enough was said. Daphne was trying to set her up with Draco, but the Malfoy heir was the real star.

His eyes stayed on her's, until it trailed down to her fingers, and she felt her breathing hitch for a small second. Slowly, he trailed back to her lips and eventually her eyes, cocking an eyebrow, 'How about it, Maximoff?', he slyly said, 'Willing to dine with the snakes and gods?'

Greg had lost his control of his laughter as Basil muttered something about, 'pretentious prat thinking he is a god', but none of it mattered. His gaze was hard, strong and powerful. With most of the room already distracted, Wanda moved her hands behind her back- away from their eyes as she tried again.