B,C• I Guess I got too Annoying For Her.

I was sitting outside on the wall, waiting for James to come and pick me up. We were going on a walk by the river, both of us deciding we'd prefer that to some fancy dinner that neither of us could really pay for. He walked round the corner, making me stand up and walk towards him. I was dressed in a simple white crop top and Jean jacket, with a pink bomber jacket over the top. I waved at him as I approached him, making him wave back. "You look... you look really pretty" James said, already blushing, causing me to giggle. "Not to bad yourself, beautiful boy" I said back, already having a nickname for him. He held his elbow out for me to wrap my hand round.

We were making small talk all the way to the river, until we finally reached it. We strolled along for a little while, until James asked the big question we all knew he'd been waiting to ask since he met me. "So... if you don't mind me asking, why is your accent Scottish? If you're Erin and Orlas cousin?" I thought for a little bit, about wether he'd want the long story, or the short story. In the end I just asked him. "Do you want me to tell you the whole story? Or just the gist of it?" I waited for his response. "Uhh... the whole story I guess? If that's alright?" He replied, making sure I was okay with his request. "Uh okay yeah, sure um.." I coughed before starting, knowing we were in for a long ride. "Just so you know, I probably won't stop, I just like to explain the story with no interruptions if that's alright?" I finalised, making him nod, which I then took that as my queue to start.

"So, my Ma was born and bred in Derry right, with her two older sisters. Mary and Sarah. Obviously. Now, when my mum was 16, the whole family went on a trip to Scotland right, the highlands? That's where she first met my father. They got on like a house on fire. And when Mum and all of them went home, She made sure to ring my dad frequently. As well as write on the weekends. They were like that for a couple of years, a long distance relationship, I think they called it. Then when Mum was old enough, at 20, and she had saved enough money, she moved over there, and lived with my dad. Granda wasn't too happy about this you see, because they weren't married. They shouldn't have lived together. However my mum didn't care, apparently she knew they'd be together forever. A couple of years later, and many visits back to Derry, they decided to get Married. Over here. They always used to tell me how wonderful the ceremony was, and my parents looked so happy in the pictures. My mum looked stunning, and my dad looked so proud. After the ceremony, the went back to Scotland, where a couple of years later, they had me." I took a quick break, making Jazz hands when I announced my own birth, causing James to smile. "And so I've spent most of my life so far  in Scotland. I only arrived here 4 years ago. See, my dad... he died. He used to work down the mines. We were told it was a freak accident, that the walls collapsed down on him and the others who were in the mines at the time, that there was no hope of saving him. It was then that my mum, well, this is what she told us 'couldn't bare living in Scotland' anymore, after the accident. So she brought us back over here. See this is where my issues start. I was so scared of losing my mum, after I had lost my dad. I could never leave her alone, I always had to be near her, or know where she was. Until one day, I guess I got too annoying for her. She took me to Fionnulas, said we were getting lunch for the family. She told me to wait there for a minute, that she just needed to talk to someone who she saw outside. I obviously didn't want to leave her, but Fionnula offered to keep me occupied for the time, so I agreed. I waited for hours and hours, until it got dark outside. Around 7pm, Mary came and got me, and took me back to hers, where she announced that my mam had rung her, from Scotland, and told her she couldn't deal with me anymore. I haven't seen my mum since, neither has, well any of us, I guess." I finished telling James with tears in my eyes. It wasn't a particularly sad story I guess, people had it worse. He held my hand, pulling us to a stop. "I am so, so, sorry" he told me genuinely, making me sadly smile at him. "It's alright I guess, what can I do now?" I said, having accepted my fate years ago.

"Well, enough about me now, what about you, what do you like to do?" I asked him, already knowing why and how he came over here. He told me about his interest in Doctor Who, a show which I struggled to understand when he explained it to me. But his excitement about it was cute.

We walked around a bit more, talking about anything and everything, before we eventually made it back to mine. "I had a really nice time today, James." I told him truthfully. "So did I, Caoimhe, thank you for agreeing to this date with me." He thanked me. "I really hope we can do it again soon." I finished off, kissing his mouth lightly, taking him by surprise. He blushed bright red. He walked me to my door as I opened it. "I'll see you soon" I told him, waving goodbye. He waved goodbye as well, not moving until the door was shut. I sprinted upstairs, watching him walk down the road, before seeing him jump and click his heels together in excitement, and turning the corner, making me laugh.  Oh, what a wonderful boy.

———————————————————————————
1042 words.
That was Caoimhes story! I hope you liked it, the poor baby!

Not a very long chapter, but episode 5 starts tonight! So it's a double update.
Thanks for over 100 reads.

Vote and comment your thoughts on the chapter, also, do you want to see their relationship move fast or slow?

Cya later <3