Chapter 17

It took a week until the party's letters started to come to El. Instead of writing to one person she was now writing to five and spent most of her afternoons writing to them as they told her what she was missing. But she couldn't complain, she liked having friends to talk to. Even if it was by mail.

Reading the letters from the party was very...interesting. This was mainly due to the fact that they sometimes said the same story but many details would be different between them.

El thought of it as a big puzzle, trying to figure out the real story. She knew Dustin's story would always be bigger than what it is.

For example, when Max and Lucas got into a fight, he wrote this...

Okay, so get this, Max stormed down the hallway literally sooo mad! Like, so mad where there was literal smoke coming out ears. When she got to his locker, she slammed it shut so fast and hard that it almost crushed Lucas's fingers. But the best part about that is Lucas yelped like a dog, it was so funny!

Anyway, Max started yelling at him so loud where it caused a crowd to gather around them. She was yelling swears that I will not write down because I believe you are too innocent to know she called him an ass-wipe or other things similar to that.

By the end of her yelling at him, her face was so red where it looked like it was going to explode and Lucas ran away from her...cause he was scared.

Hahaha it was so funny!

But then on Max's letter it said,

Okay, so I walked up to Lucas to try to get things straightened out and all that. And then he starts to annoy me by saying, "it's not my fault that you can't to the movies with us this weekend. You got yourself grounded. We are still wanting to watch the movie and we are."

We started arguing a bit more and Lucas tried to walk away but I wasn't finished with him yet. I ran after him trying to stop him before going to class. I managed to catch up with him and that's when I dumped his ass.

Meanwhile, Mike talked about it in his letter too. Though he didn't go into great detail.

Max broke up with Lucas, BOYS NIGHT!

And then later, at the end of the letter he added.

Never mind. Max and Lucas are back together. But she's still grounded until Sunday and can't hang out with us.

BOYS NIGHT!

El set all the letters down on her desk and shook her head.

This is the group of friends I chose. She told herself with a laugh.

She answered all of their letters happily. She told Dustin that he should be a storyteller. She said to Max that she wished her the best with the argument while managing to stay on neither side of the fight. And she told Mike, "hahaha!"

After she got done writing she sealed all of the letters into the envelopes and put them in her mailbox.

She went back inside the house and saw Hopper making dinner in the kitchen.

"Need any help Hop?" El asked leaning on the counter.

"No." He smiled looking back at her. "How do you feel about breakfast for dinner? I need to get to the grocery store."

"Sounds amazing." El smiled back at him.

This was their normal for them. Hopper would be at work all day but by 6 or later he would return home and cook dinner. It was always the two of them. Neither one of them had very close friends until the party came along for El. Now El had someone but Hopper still only had her.

"Dad?" She croaked wanting to ask him a question she asked a few times before.

"Yeah?" He responded turning back to her.

"How come you don't want to start dating again?"

He sighed and walked over to her. "Because I don't need anything else as long as I have my daughter."

"Are forgetting that your daughter is going to be going away to college soon?" El asked getting tired of the same answer. "Dad, I want you to be happy."

"I am happy." Hopper smiled trying to get his point across to her.

"Dad," she sighed not wanting to say the next part, "don't you think mom would have wanted you to find someone else?"

"El-"

"Dad. You know I'm right. I want you to find someone who will make you as happy as mom did. And believe it or not, but I'm growing up. I'm making friends. I'm changing my life and making it happier than it used to be. I want the same for you. And if that means that you have to start dating again, I will be happy for you no matter who it is."

Hopper smiled. How did I ever get so lucky to have a daughter like her?

"I'll think about it, okay?" He tried to compromise.

"Promise?" El's eyes lit up.

Hopper nodded his head. "Promise."

Authors note
Oh, would you look at that! I'm alive and I updated. Sorry this took so long to get out. I was stumped for a little while but I think I did okay with this chapter. But hopefully the next one will be better.

Anyways see you whenever I update next!!

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️