|| the death

Seoul, Korea
6:52 pm, 02/18/XX
Park Jimin's Residence

"Is he here yet?" Namjoon whispers to the room. Jimin shakes his head with excitement as a means of saying no, because he doesn't want to accidentally make any noise by speaking.

Today, all of the boys are celebrating Hoseok's twenty-third birthday. They decided to throw a little surprise party for him at Jimin's house. They prepared some of his favorites: strawberry cheesecake, macaroons, and of course, sprite. Taehyung and Jungkook insisted that they also get alcohol, even though Hoseok would likely not drink it. The other members hesitantly agreed, knowing that Hoseok may feel leftout.

But that shouldn't be a big problem. It's common that Hoseok stays sober while the rest of the boys get drunk or high. He's always been stubborn in that sense—never drinking or smoking despite the numerous times members have tried to coax him into it. They eventually gave up. Now it's an unspoken rule that they don't try to force him.

"Shh! He should be getting here now!" Jin scolds in a whisper, ducking even closer to the floor. Everyone is hidden behind a furniture piece of some sort. Jimin is curled under a table with Taehyung, Yoongi is just lying underneath the carpet (he may be asleep, actually), and Namjoon is behind the couch with Jin. Jungkook is at the door, ready to give Hoseok the biggest jump scare of his life with a clown mask on. He chuckles devilishly as he hears a car pulling up in the driveway.

There he is... that's my favorite boy. Jungkook thinks. "He's here!"

Everyone in the room tenses up when clattering keys jiggle in the doorknob. Finally, the door swings open, revealing a tired Hoseok.

From there, chaos ensues. Jungkook successfully gives the birthday boy a scare of a lifetime, Jimin and Taehyung jump up from the table and almost knock it over, Namjoon and Jin pop up from behind the couch with their kazoos, and Yoongi wakes up.

When Hoseok recovers from the shock, he joins the rest of them in excitement and even hugs each of them in appreciation.

"Woah." He marvels at the decorated room, "Guys, for real, thank you so much." He is touched.

All of the boys share fond smiles back to him...

... all except for one.

A/N ||
Leave a vote or comment if you enjoy~