|| kim namjoon

Seoul, Korea
3:04pm, 02/21/XX
Office of Interrogation

"What do you remember from that night?"

Unlike the others you've interrogated, Namjoon does not appear at all nervous.

"Well, I guess I'll start from when Hoseok came," he sighs and looks up to recollect his memories, "After we started the party, Jin and Jungkook went to the kitchen to get the cake out. And... we just ate the cake like normal people I guess. Oh, we were also watching Criminal Minds in the back, but no one really paid attention. Nothing seemed odd."

Also unlike the others, he seems to remember these events clearly.

"Continue, what happened after the cake?"

"Hmm." He leans forward. "We started drinking. Me and Yoongi didn't drink that much but Jimin and Jungkook got wasted. Jin drank more than usual too."

"Do you know why Jin drank more than usual?"

"He broke up with his girlfriend. Yoongi was telling me about it."

You're put off by his oddly calm behavior, but you disregard it to focus. If he says that didn't drink that much, you have a higher chance of getting information out of him.

"Speaking of Yoongi, what time did he go up?"

"About 9 or 10." The reply is instantaneous.

"Is that all you remember from that night?"

He takes a deep breath, and when he shifts in his seat the light bends to display the purple bags under his eyes a lot clearer.

"We started drinking vodka, and everyone started dancing. Hobi didn't drink, but he still danced crazily like the rest of us." The only hint of emotion is a breathless chuckle, "He mainly drank sprite, but I don't think the poison was in there since I had a sip too."

Your eyebrows jump out of your forehead.

"Poison? Why do you mention that?"

You expect Namjoon to look startled, but he merely faces you with the same, firm stare, "I just know. There's no other way he could've died. I saw him that morning."

You try not to seem obvious about frantically scribbling in your notepad. If he's this open to talk about Hoseok's death, he's either definitely the murderer or definitely not.

"What did you see?"

"He kept saying that he got dizzy. Right around the time when everyone got drunk, he would go to the bathroom every few minutes and come out looking more lethargic. I'm a medical student. I thought he had food poisoning from eating too much cake, but now I know it's... much worse."

His straightforward answers keep you intrigued. You can tell that he certainly thinks someone is the murderer within their group. Throughout the interrogation, he keeps specifying names, as if trying to add extra detail.

"I see," you state, matching his cold expression. "Can you tell me who bought what food?"

"Yoongi bought the cake that we chose, Jin served it. Jin and I got the Sprite, and the two youngest got the alcohol."

There it is again. The names.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim," you close your notepad, setting it on the table as you lean in to make eye contact, "Could you tell me about your relationship with Mr. Jung?"

"We were roommates in college. Yoongi started getting close to me at around the same time and we were inseparable ever since. The three of us loved music. That was all we ever did together at first, but eventually we got close in other ways too."

His reply is emotionless, as if reciting something off a script.

"That gig he signed up for... he really deserves it. We were hyping him up over it and stayed up till 3am to find out the results together. Now, they have to find someone else."

You nod. That's all you choose to do at this wave of information.

"What was the house like in the morning?" you change the topic, leaving him a little confused, but he quickly adjusts.

"Quiet," he chuckles with sarcasm, "I woke up earlier than the others. It was like, 9am and everyone was asleep."

Your notepad is still closed under the table. You sometimes do this as a means of getting people to spill more information, although Namjoon is already doing that.

"His face was... pale." Namjoon seems to forget how to breathe, a striking moment of emotion compared to what you've seen of him so far. "He was definitely poisoned. I know it."

For the first time ever, you see his face contort into one of anger and remorse. The bags under his eyes are more apparent than ever.

His shaky inhales are the only sound filling the room.

"Well, thank you very much, Mr. Kim," you say professionally, "I appreciate your time."

He doesn't say anything, merely collapsing in his seat and closing his eyes as if to suppress a headache.

You take one more glance at his lanky, tall figure slumping in his seat before leaving.

A/N
It's been a while... oops.
After Jin's interrogation, it's the reveal!