|| min yoongi

Seoul, Korea
1:13pm, 02/21/XX
Office of Interrogation

Min Yoongi is your first interrogation after checking the autopsy results. With the time of death in your hands, you are confident that you'll be able to extract more important information.

"Hello Mr. Min," you greet.  His slumped posture slightly straightens at your presence.

He doesn't look you in the eye. You recall that he's supposed to be one of Mr. Jung's closer friends.

"Since you've already sworn the oath, I will begin asking questions now." You clear your throat, "How do you know Mr. Jung?"

"We first met in high school," he says simply. You stare at him, forcing eye contact to make him continue, "Even though he was an underclassmen, we got close because we were in the same music club."

"A lot of you boys share a passion for music," you say out loud to watch his reaction.

"That's right." He gives a slightly fond smile, "I introduced Hobi to music, actually."

"I see." You jot that down, "Well, I'd like to ask you about that night now." He nods in acknowledgement so you continue, "What do you remember from that night?"

"I'm actually a lightweight, so after a few drinks I already headed upstairs." His eyes start to fill with regret, "I-I wish I could've stayed down... maybe I could've helped or something."

He doesn't cry, but his face is twisted into one of anguish and remorse. You note that his story matches up to Taehyung's.

"Hobi was like my partner in crime and my little brother rolled into one. I taught him everything he knows about music, and he taught me everything about being kind. We'd always goof off and he was capable of bringing out the best in me, even when everyone thought I was some rude, closed off guy."

"Thank you for telling me." You offer the tiniest sliver of a smile after you're sure that he's done speaking. "So you weren't there to see anyone else? What's the last thing you remember from that night?"

"Uh..." He tries to jog his memory, "I'm sorry, I fell asleep as soon as I went upstairs, so I didn't see much of other people. I remember seeing Jungkook teaching Joon how to breakdance, then I went upstairs."

So he went up as soon as the other member's memories started getting hazy.

"Who drank the most?"

"Taehyung or Jungkook. But everyone else is either a lightweight, or still drank more than usual."

You wonder why everyone had so many drinks that night. Jin did because he was going through a break up, and it seems that the youngest bunch also had a lot, but that may be because they were the ones who originally insisted on bringing alcohol. However, Yoongi and Joon helped convince them to bring alcohol for the sake of Jin.

"What about in the morning?" you continue questioning.

His eyes start to water again, but he contorts his face as a way of expressing that he does not want to cry. "I remember waking up to Joon's screaming. When I went to the bathroom, h-he was... he looked like—"

You put a hand up to stop him. You don't need another party of tears, and you already have several pictures of Mr. Jung's deceased body that morning.

"Describe the state of the house that morning. Was anything off?"

You try to pry for how clean it was.

"Nothing about the house was off, at least from what I noticed." He sighs shakily, "It was tidy, as usual, but my memory is a little hazy since I was fighting a hangover."

Taehyung said that the house was clean too.

"Jin cleans the house after parties, correct?"

Yoongi nods, his rosy tinted nose slowly becoming a normal color again, "Yes."

You sigh, scribbling and circling stuff on your notepad even though this interrogation felt especially useless. You weren't able to get as much information, but at least you have confirmed some of the other statements. If he claims to have gone up at 9, there isn't much information you can dig for.

"I have a few more questions, and you'll be free to go."

He straightens his back and leans forward in his seat, obviously ready to leave the room.

"What did you guys eat that night?" It seems like a pointless question, but you need to know. If there's any information that needs to be confirmed several times, it's this.

"We ate..." he trails off, a very Yoongi-like mannerism that you've noticed, "We ordered cake, and we also had some macaroons. Everyone ate those, but after that I think Hoseok just drank sprite while we all drank alcohol."

Sprite.

"Who was in charge of what food?"

He furrows his brows in thought, "Jin and Joon got the sprite, Jungkook and Taehyung got the alcohol, and we picked out the cake as a group."

"Noted." You take back the thoughts that this was a useless interrogation, "Thank you for your time, Mr. Min Yoongi."

"No, thank you."

A/N ||
Four more chapters! The last two will be the reveal!