|| park jimin

Seoul, Korea
11:59am, 02/20/XX
Office of Interrogation

"Park Jimin, correct?" you ask, staring at the young man through the glass divider. He slumps in his seat, shaking his head yes because he can't bring himself to speak.

The murder occurred at his residence, you note, already scribbling on your paper.

"Lets start off easy," you start, "how do you know Jung Hoseok?"

Jimin searches for an answer with teary eyes, "I-I met him at a frat party a few years ago. We were dancing—he's a really good dancer."

Jimin's sentences are choppy and choked. You analyze his body language, and there's a lot of stiffness to it.

"What were you doing that night?" You use vague questions to leave more room to pinpoint any lies.

"I was... wow geez, I barely even know," he says breathlessly, "I think I was doing the normal stuff, y'know? Preparing cake with Jungkook, and dancing with the others. At some point we got out the vodka and started doing shots, but I don't remember much after that."

"Why?"

"I-I was drunk."

You note his words on your paper. Jimin claims that he can't remember anything due to alcohol. This is important because if other members say the same, there's a chance that the alcohol was drugged before Mr. Jung's murderer took action.

The autopsy results would come out in a day or two, so after interrogating you'd have to re-evaluate these answers as well. But so far, it is suspected that Mr. Jung passed due to poisoning.

"Do you know if Mr. Jung had anything that night that was out of the ordinary?"

"No, he ate everything that he usually does. He doesn't drink either."

"What was he doing that night?"

Jimin starts to fight back tears, "I-I don't know," he sobs, "It's hard to remember because I was so drunk and we were just having a good time but—"

Jimin is unable to continue further. I give him a minute or two to calm down, maintaining an icy expression.

"You and Mr. Jung were good friends?"

He takes in a shaky breath, "Yes. We're really good friends and even considered living together at one point."

"Why?"

"He's bubbly and happy and always smiling. I needed someone like that." Jimin's eyes gloss, "But now h-he's..."

You internally sigh as Jimin starts to cry again. You force any drop of sympathy out of your body; it is vital that you remain apathetic to all suspects.

"Was anybody acting out of the ordinary that night?" You continue once Jimin has taken a moment to calm down.

"Not that I remember," he answers smoothly.

From what you can grasp, the seven boys in that household are good friends. You doubt that they'd rat each other out for any odd behavior. You have to narrow down your questions now.

"Who decided to arrange this gathering?"

"Me and Yoongi." Jimin doesn't hesitate to answer, surprisingly.

"Who decided on food?"

"It was a group effort," he says, "but everyone knew strawberry cake and sprite was a must. Hoseok didn't take any shots, though."

You narrow your eyes, "You said there was alcohol. Mr. Jung didn't drink, so why bring it?"

"Ah, that." Jimin shows a somber smile, "Tae and Jungkook wanted to drink, and Hoseok was always the resident sober guy. He never minded it."

You watch him carefully as he explains. So far, his body language doesn't show any suspicious signs. You prepare a few more questions before you decide to let him go.

"What was Mr. Jung's most recent history?" You ask a somewhat different question to distract Jimin from thinking that he's being suspected. You are quite wary about the food aspect, though.

"Uh..." he trails off, thinking hard and trying not to get emotional. "He recently won a music gig at some company. He usually just danced but he can write on the sides too."

This peaks your interest, but you don't show it.

"I see. I have just a few more questions, and you'll be done for today."

Jimin nods, eager to leave the interrogation room.

"Who in the group is closest to Mr. Jung?"

He takes a deep breath to steady himself again, "We're all pretty close, but Namjoon and Yoongi hyung have known him the longest."

"What about the most distant?"

"Actually, I'd say me or Jungkook," he sarcastically says, as if it's a shameful fact, "I only met him about two years ago, and Jungkook met him while going to a music masterclass."

Music masterclass. You jot that down and underline it.

"I just have one more." You can tell that Jimin is getting emotionally tired, and his replies are getting shakier so you decide to leave it for now. "Do you think he was murdered?"

It's the heaviest one; you save it for last so he won't have to worry about any other questions.

Jimin inhales sharply at the inquiry, and it takes him a moment to respond. Interesting. You straighten your back unconsciously in anticipation for the answer.

"Yes. I think he was."

A/N ||
Thoughts...???
Theories???
Leave a vote if you enjoy!!