|| kim taehyung

Seoul, Korea
3:12pm, 02/20/XX
Office of Interrogation

Taehyung is a rambler.

You notice this because as soon as you sit down, he goes off on a tangent about how he is definitely not the murderer and absolutely loves Mr. Jung with all his heart. You aren't phased by it; many people do this in fear that they would get suspected.

Some of them end up being guilty, some of them innocent. Your suspicions mainly depend on how he goes about answering the rest of these questions as well.

"I understand your point, Mr. Kim." You make sure to use a stern voice so he finally shuts up.

"Y-yes ma'am."

"Let's start, shall we?" You clear your throat, "What do you remember about that night?"

As expected, he says, "I got really really drunk. Much more than usual. I'm so sorry, but I can't remember. I drink a lot. So does Jungkook and Jimin, but Yoongi and Joon don't usually drink that much so they probably remember more. Jin drank a lot that night even though he doesn't usually but that's because—"

You raise a hand in the air to stop him, because he talks far too quickly for you to understand.

"Sorry," he says sheepishly.

"What were you saying again? Slowly, please."

He nods, "So, um, I was saying that Jin doesn't usually drink a lot, but his girlfriend broke up with him literally the day before Hoseokie's birthday. He drank a lot more than usual."

"Is that all you remember?"

"From that night, yes." He looks ashamed, as if he wants to have more information but lacks any.

"What about in the morning?" You know that this may be a tough question, because that's when the boys discovered Hoseok's body. 

"It's honestly all a blur..." He gulps, trying to contain his emotions, "I woke up to Joon screaming, and when I went upstairs I saw—"

He chokes on his own words as trauma overcomes him. It's a little sad to see, but you know that maintaining an apathetic expression is necessary. You note that his story lines up to how Namjoon was reported to be the one who found the body.

"What was the house like in the morning?" You ask after a few seconds.

It's important to know the details of the scene prior to the murder, during the murder, and after. With how everyone got drunk, it looks like you'll have to work with just the prior and after.

"It was... like usual?" He's unconfident, "It was pretty clean, but that's normal because Jin likes to tidy up for us."

You furrow your brows. If Jin got drunk as well, you'd assume that he wouldn't have done any cleaning.

"When does your memory get hazy about that night? What's the last thing you remember?"

"The last thing I saw was... Hobi was dancing. H-he's a really good dancer, you know?" he lets out, getting emotional.

You sigh, deciding to switch the direction of the conversation, "From my understanding, Mr. Jung had recently earned a music gig, correct?"

"Oh, um, yeah." He looks surprised by the sudden change in topic. "Most of us were really excited about it."

You furrow your brows, "Most?"

Taehyung looks like a deer caught in the headlights. "Yeah," he lets out slowly.

"Who wasn't?"

A moment of silence passes.

"Jimin and Hoseok got into a fight after because Hoseok was supposed to move in with Jimin, but because of his gig he couldn't. So Jimin got mad because it meant that he had to pay all the rent by himself since they already got the apartment but I'm positive that Jimin is innocent, he wouldn't hurt a fly—"

"Enough." You raise your hand again, sighing at the unbearable speed of his chatter. You also doubt that the motive behind Mr. Jung's murder is whatever Mr. Kim said, but you don't let it show on your face.

"Sorry," he breathes out.

You scribble down what you manage to understand in your notepad, frowning at the messiness of your handwriting. However, you did have a lot of information. There are pros and cons to having ramblers.

"Can you briefly describe your relationship with Mr. Jung?"

"He's... like my older brother. He's always there for me, and we got to meet through Jungkookie. After that, we got really close. He's my family, practically."

"Thank you for answering coherently," you say, "I have one more question, and you'll be done."

He nods, clearly shaken up from the dreadful atmosphere of the interrogation room. You're used to it, though; it's like a second home to you.

"That night... everyone ate and drank the exact same things—aside from Hoseok, who didn't drink the alcohol. Is this correct?"

"Yeah." He nods, "I think Yoongi didn't have as many drinks though. He went upstairs right after we started getting drunk."

You write that down.

"I think Joon also went up pretty early. At some point, it was just me, Hoseok, and Jungkook on the dance floor."

The room is silent, apart from the sounds of you scribbling on your notepad.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Kim."

He lets out a weak smile, "No problem. Anything for Hoseokie."

A/N ||
I keep feeling like I'm either not giving enough information,
or giving too much. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!
I'd love to hear your thoughts. Much love!