Kill Your Cares Pt. 2

That night, Razor had a wonderful dream. He was sleeping on the finest, softest pillow he'd ever felt. He was in total bliss. He caressed and patted his pillow in delight at its playful bounciness, marveling at how it could be so squishy and yet firm.

"What the hell is this??"

Razor was yanked from his restful sleep by the sound of high-pitched yelling.

He opened his eyes, and as his surroundings slowly came into focus he realized that he was staring at two mounds directly above him.

"oh... Good morning, Sheele."

Then, razor looked at the doorway and while looking into Mine's furious eyes he had a profound realization, in a feet of mental fortitude that only he could manage, he continued.

"Sheele, before I go I just wanted to say--your thighs felt amazing-"

--------

Across the base, Akame, who had just come back from a hunt heard the rumble of an explosion.

--------

"Hgkk!" Razor wheezed as he rolled over onto his back, the dirt was a jarring contrast from the softness that had been Sheele's lap. In Mine's fit of rage, He had been violently removed from his pleasant nap and blasted out of the base, and into the forest. Too disoriented to stand, Razor took a moment to pat himself down for injuries.

10 fingers, 10 toes, no broken bones...

"Mine what is wrong with you?" He sighed as he sat up.

Razor's ear twitched as he received a neural transmission from Data. He had never really gotten used to this alternative communication method for when he wasn't in combat gear. the feeling of having someone (or something in Data's case) talking directly into your brain was something he could never explain.

"Yeah what's up Data?"

"Pilot, I read a shock to your system, are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm all good," Razor stood, dusting himself off. "Could you give me a ride back to the compound

Today, Razor found himself in a completely unfamiliar landscape, a city. As a citizen soldier first, and later as a pilot, all Razor had ever known was the cramped artificial spaces of a frigate, or the destroyed surfaces or war-torn planets. To see the architecture and the sheer size of the city was astonishing. However, he had already noticed the telltale signs of oppression that his seniors back at base had told him about. Citizens being harassed in the street by soldiers, Men walking with shoulders slumped, building that looked like they used to be businesses completely empty. Razor wasn't the only one to notice.

"Aren't there too many people out on the street here?" Tatsumi looked confused at the sight before his eyes.

Tatsumi and Razor were both here as Mine's subordinates for training.

"Hey Mine, what's causing these people to suffer like this?" Razor asked.

"They're living through a recession in an empire ruled by fear," Mine sighed. "Only one social segment prospers here. The rest live in slums. This is reality."

As the trio came up to an alleyway they could hear the helpless cries of a girl. They rounded the corner and saw 2 men holding up the child.

Razor immediately felt a heat rise in him. The same heat he had felt listening to the insane ramblings of the young miss behind the mansion. But before he could move to act, Mine stepped forward.

"Stop picking on the weak." She said, eyes narrowing on the 2 men.

"Who the hell are you guys?" Said the man wearing a blue headband. "This girl's a refugee. She's got no choice but to do what we citizens say!"