Kill the Imperial Arm Users Pt. 2

Akame, Tatsumi, and Razor had been assigned a section the capital in a residential area. As the trio patrolled the dark streets, Razor noticed that absolutely nobody was out. No one dared to step foot outside late at night, lest they be caught by the executioner. Data was providing overwatch from the top of a tower overlooking their sector. 

"Pilot, Imperial Guards will pass your location down the road just in front of you in 10 seconds." Data cautioned from above.

"Guys we need to move. Imperial guard coming from that street."

Akame and Tatsumi nodded and Akame lead the group to hid behind the corner of a wall as they waited for the guard unit to pass. As soon as Data gave the all clear, Razor chuckled.

"I almost forgot that Zank wasn't the only thing we need to look out for." Razor whispered.

The trio continued their patrol remaining wary of any nearby guards when Tatsumi spoke,

"Say, Akame... Can I ask you something?"

"Don't worry. I've brought emergency rations." Akame nodded confidently.

Where are you keeping them? Do you have some hidden pockets or something?

"That isn't what I meant," Tatsumi reiterated his question. "Even the slightest scratch from that blade is fatal, right?"

"That's right."

"I'm amazed I'm still alive." Tatsumi cringed and rubbed his chest where Akame had nearly stabbed him during their first meeting.

"You must have really good luck, huh." Razor nodded as he remembered the scene. 

"I've had this blade for some time now. It's become quite infamous as the 'One-Cut Killer'."

"Isn't it bad for you if people know that?" Tatsumi asked. "Well, not that there are any weaknesses they could use against you."

"Actually, this sword does have weaknesses." Akame lifted her sword and began examining it under the lantern light.

"For example?" 

"Maintaining it is nerve-racking. If you so much as nick your finger, you're dead."

Aha... yeah that is bad.

"And unless you actually cut your opponent's skin, the curse won't take effect."

"So armor might be a good counter then?" Razor asked as he tapped the plating on his suit.

"In this world, one cut usually kills, poison or not. I try not to rely too heavily on the power of my Relic."

Razor looked at Tatsumi and he nodded back at him. It seemed they had the same question.

How old is this girl? Her eyes speak to an experience of bloodshed way beyond her years. Though I guess I'm not much different.

"Pilot, I've spotted a suspicious figure along a rooftop. I believe they are watching you."

"Thanks for the heads-up Data." Razor turned to Tatsumi and Akame. "Guys I don't think we'll have to look around for this guy too much longer. He's already found us."  

"Well, if that's the case let's just stop here," Akame looked around before her eyes settled on a sweets shop across the street. "And get some food."

First Mine, now Akame, what's up with these girls and eating on a mission?

Minutes passed. Akame ate a crepe while Tatsumi sipped at a beverage. 

"Seems he won't show himself so easily. I guess we'll just have to be patient." Tatsumi said, absentminded. "Ah be right back."