CHAPTER SIX | i engage in date discussions and daddy issues

CHAPTER SIX  | i engage in date discussions and daddy issues

He's so cute!!!

RANDOM SONG OF THE CHAPTER:

I'll Fly - Blixemi

*****

"Hello sir, do you take Monopoly money?"

******

Cute nerd must be the new thing because my phone was going crazy with notifications. I scrolled through the options and viewed their profiles while I ate my lunch at Borg Tower. I made mental notes about each one to explain to Zane when he joined me.

They were simple things like oh, this person could be a creep and here's someone who will look at their phone more than they will look at you!

I took my time eating and looking through each one. I figured since Zane didn't need food to keep his body moving he wouldn't rush to get here.

I wonder if he ever has oil and electricity for breakfast.

I mused as I used my teeth to rip the plastic off of my plastic straw and stuck it into the juice box. I've been trying to make my own meals rather than wasting money on the food in the cafeteria but when free pizza comes around I can't pass it up.

A feeling of pleasant surprise spread through my chest as Zane entered with Jay, he weaved through the people like a ballerina (If ballerinas wore sweater vests.) They were talking in hushed urgent tones and I looked up from my doodling to see the grim look on Zane's face.

Interesante.

"Alright," I said with a sigh when they approached. I set down my pencil and folded my hands under my chin while I stared them dead in the eye. "Who did you kill and did you have to escape from jail to get here?"

Jay made an odd noise in the back of his throat while Zane scrunched up his face and raised an eyebrow in confusion. "I-" he stuttered, his voice breaking a little with static. "No."

"Ah good. I don't do very well under pressure." I proceed to return to my sketch. I was practicing my giraffes. They are one of my favourite animals with their long necks and purple tongues. Grape popsicles are a great way to achieve the same plum tone that dotted their tastebuds.

Jay gave Zane a look before he walked away, the kind of secret look people give when they are saying something through their eyes. It's a special private exchange skilled friends can give with one glance, words forming through eye contact and sending faster than a text message with good wifi. It was either that or they had a crush on each other. The two were staring into each other's eyes with more longing than the lady in Notting Hill but given that Jay has a girlfriend, the former idea is more likely.