- Chapter FIFTEEN -

"Thank you, Landon." She smiled as she walked into his room. He didn't bother to look up at her. He was too glued to his phone. "I never knew you would know how to cook." She continued, trying to make him interested in the conversation. "I'm guessing you cook for Annie a lot. When did you start cooking?"

He just ignored her, still staring at his phone. She decided to give up on conversations with him. Whatever mood he was in now, was worse than his actual behaviour.

"Okay, fine. Don't talk. I need clothes to wear." She informed, taking off her shirt. This was probably the first time he looked at her, but he quickly looked down at his phone again.

"Just wear one of my shirts." He shrugged.

She turned around and opened one of his wardrobes. She picked up a white shirt with buttons and put it on her as she took off her pants. "Thank you." She said, climbing into bed with him.

The white fabric came into his vision and his head snapped up to look at her. "Why are you wearing on my formal shirts, Carlota?" He questioned, with anger.

"It's just a shirt, Landon. I'm sorry." She quickly unbuttoned it but was stopped by his sigh.

"Just f*cking keep it." He muttered, going back to looking at his phone.

She buttoned it up and laid on her side facing the window.

Carlota didn't enjoy the awkward tension between the two. She turned on her back, facing the ceiling. "What are you watching?" She asked him, playing with her fingers.

"Porn." He answered, still watching it.

A puzzled look was on her face. Porn? She couldn't tell whether he was being serious but it would explain why he's so fixated on the phone.

"Can I watch?" She asked.

"Sure," He shrugged.

She sat up and came close to him, resting her head on his shoulder. "Move." He ordered.

She rolled her eyes and gave him some space. She looked at his phone to see it wasn't actually porn. It was just a bunch of pictures of his sister when she was younger.

He finally stumbled across a video and played it. "Happy Birthday, Leighanne." He said from behind the camera. "Make a wish."

You could see the slight eye roll with the cheeky grin on her face. She blew out her candle and awkwardly watched the camera. "What did you wish for?"

"You said if I tell anyone it won't come true."

The two watched more videos of Leighanne's moments. Birthday's, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, all the holidays. He turned off the phone and put it by his bedside. "Are you tired?" He asked her. She shook her head. He admired the shirt on her. "Are you busy tomorrow?"

She nodded her head. "A bunch of my family is coming over."

He slowly nodded his head and looked away. "Must be nice."

Carlota contemplates on whether to ask him to join her tomorrow. "You and Brinley could come. Brinley's part of the family and you're her boyfriend. Come." She suggested.

"No thanks." He declined, laying down to sleep. The silence in the room was deafening. "Thank you for staying with me." He finally said.

She smiled at him and decided to lay down, wrapping her arms around his body. "I need personal space Car-. F*ck it."

~

"You know, I'm not even part of the family yet I'm making reservations." Yasmin said.

Carlota turned to look at her and smiled, turning back to the dishes she was cleaning. "Thanks for not being an evil step-sister. It's cool you're meeting my side of the family for once."

"Yes, and I can't wait for you to meet my older siblinds." She said.

Carlota was nervous when it came to meeting the family of people she knew. She was so worried Annie wouldn't like her.

"So what happened with you and Landon?"

"Nothing really." Carlota shrugged, drying her hands.

"Did you guys have sex?"

She chuckled at her sister's question. "No, we didn't. He was kind of off last night. So I had to make sure he was okay. So I stayed the night."

"Well, if he's using you as comfort then you two are getting close."

She turned around and followed her to Carlota's room. "He still has sex with whoever he likes, so I guess I'll have sex with whoever I want." She sighed.

"Well, if you want to test whether or not he likes you tell him you only want him to have sex with you. If he agrees he cares about you."

She thought about that and smiled. "I like that idea, but I'm in no position to do that. How are the reservations coming along."

"Um, they're not allowing 15 people to come so it looks like we're eating here." She sighed.

"Looks like we're cooking." Carlota smirked.

"No, no, no! Hell no. I don't cook, Carly and you know that. Cook for yourself."

"I have tickets to that movie next week."

"Fine."

*-*-*

You guys don't understand how much I love Yasmin and Carlota's relationship. It's so cute even though they're not related by blood. And how Landon was acting. It was little weird, huh?

But I mean I still made sure to keep him as an a*shole. One small act of kindness from Carlota isn't going to make him change, right?

Updating Monday 15th March 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU GUYS LIKE YASMIN?