- Chapter TWENTY EIGHT -

He held her a*s as she bounced up and down on his d*ck. For him, it had been a while since he'd had sex with Carlota. For Carlota, it had been a while since she came to terms with her feelings for Landon.

He finally came and they decided to finish it up there. She got a call from one of her friends. "Yes," She said, slightly out of breath.

"You busy? I need help with the school project." She could feel Landon glancing at her.

"Nah, I'm not busy. I'll be there in 25 minutes." She cut the call, knowing Blake wanted to hookup.

"Where are you going?" Landon asked as she was pulling her pants back on.

"I'm going to have sex with someone." She said bluntly, not making eye contact with him.

Landon's aggression began standing up. "Why? If you want sex we can do it again."

She shook her head, fixing her hair. "I don't want to be here anyway. I am just a bloody hookup." She shrugged.

Landon smirked as he realized he hurt Carlota's feelings. "Do you like me, Carly?" He teased, gripping her waist.

She rolled her eyes, ignoring his words.

He kissed her neck, gently, sending goosebumps everywhere.

"F*ck you Landon." She hissed, pushing him away.

"Carlota, if this is about me telling Brinley I love her, I don't and I didn't. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I care about you and it's pretty obvious. I'm hooking up with you on a regular basis. I only hook up with you and Brinley and you've met my sister."

She sighed and realized everything he said was true. "Whatever, Landon. I don't care. About you or Brinley."

He continued kissing her neck until she moaned. "I know you care, love." He smirked against her skin. "Please don't go and see whoever it is you're going to see. Cancel."

She sighed in defeat. "Okay," She trailed, picking her phone to text Blake. Once she cancelled Landon put on a random movie for them to watch.

It wasn't exciting, but it was nice.

~

She came out of her room, done with online school. "Mama, I'm done with school." She called out entering the kitchen. Usually, food would be in the process of being made but it was empty.

She then picked up faint yelling coming from her mother's room. She walked inside, shocked to see her father. With her mother. In the same room.

She froze as fear began taking over her body. "Carly," He said, walking towards her and hugging her.

Her body was still not allowing her to react. She just began crying.

'He beat my mother and me when I was 9 and he's back now?'

She pushed away, in shock and disgust. "Why is he here?" She asked her mom, as the tears flowed.

"Carly, listen. I've been in rehab for a long time, and I've gotten better. For you Carly. I haven't been in 9 years of your life but I want to come back. And make it up to you. Please, Carly."

The nickname 'Carly' began to play over and over in her head causing her to go dizzy. "No," She whispered, stumbling out, backwards. "I won't let you back in my life to destroy it!"

She banged the door and ran outside and entered her car. She hit her head on the steering wheel three times before her head began to thump.

'Why was he here? Why did he come back now? And why did it have to be when I was happy?' All these questions played over and over in her head. She didn't know who to tell.

Her mother was an instant no, Yasmin and Carlota don't like hearing about each other's parents unless it's Camilla or Joey. Brinley was an absolute no and then there was Landon.

Landon.

She wanted to tell Landon.

She called his number quickly and he picked up after a while. It always seemed to take him a while before answering his phone. "Carlota?"

"L-Landon. Are you busy?" She sobbed, trying her best not to show it.

"Are you crying?" He asked growing concern. "Why are you crying, Carlota?"

"Just tell me if you're busy!" She yelled.

"No, I'm not, why?"

"I'm coming over."

*-*-*

So y'all are going to be getting a better insight into why Carlota's parents parted.

I think it was really sweet that Landon showed concern when he thought she was crying. I don't think I've ever made Landon show actual concern towards Carlota.

Updating Wednesday 31st March 2021

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: HOW DO YOU THINK LANDON WILL REACT?