- Chapter FORTY NINE -

She still was unsure of how Lorenzo found out about what happened between Landon and her but she wasn't questioning it. She really needed someone right now.

Her mother had been ignoring her ever since she slapped Carlota across her face and Joseph wasn't allowed to see her because of Camilla.

She only had Yasmin who allowed her to stay in her new apartment and Lorenzo who always checked up on her, every single day. It was honestly an opportunity to get back together with her.

The three of them, including Lorenzo's brother, Dante, sat around Yasmin's dining table in silence.

Dante wasn't slow to realize the changes in Carlota's body. It made him regret his choice when letting Lorenzo have her.

He didn't hate her. He just didn't find her attractive back then and he hated how 'in love' she was with him.

"Don't you think it's a bit too sudden?" Yasmin asked, breaking the awkward silence Carlota created.

"I just,-." She paused, feeling overwhelmed. "I don't want to be here anymore. I want to move in with Lorenzo." She explained, not looking at any of them.

"It's been a month Carlota, will you be back in time for Arabella's wedding? And you can't leave me. You got mad when I was moving out and now-."

"No, Yasmin. You can't change my mind. Landon still lives here. There's still a 50% chance I'll run into him once a month. I don't want to be here."

Yasmin sighed and turned to look at Lorenzo and Dante. "You f*ckers better treat her right." She growled aggressively. "Dante if you treat her like you used to, I'll kill you. Lorenzo if you f*ck up with her again, I'll feed your balls to Dante and then kill you." She threatened. "When are you leaving?"

"Sunday night."

Carlota knew from the bottom of her heart that wasn't the only reason she wanted to leave. So she devised a plan.

~

He finished his 6th glass of alcohol and sighed. "I need another one." He told Elizabeth.

Elizabeth gave him a worried look. "But, that's your 6th one." She protested.

He just chuckled. "I'm not going to die or do something stupid, Eli. I'm right here, in your room with you. Okay?"

She poured him another glass slowly and handed it to him. "Are you finally going to tell me what's wrong?" She asked. "I remember you telling me 'I don't get why people drown their sorrows in alcohol. It doesn't fix anything'."

"Yeah, well. Obviously, I haven't been heartbroken before." He shrugged, finishing the 7th cup. "Get me another one, please." He smiled giving her the cup.

"No! Landon King this is getting out of control. What happened?" She asked for the final time, dropping the glass on the floor.

He sighed and sat up properly. "Carlota happened. I never knew I'd actually get feelings for her and want a future with her. I planned my life out before I met her. The only woman in my life would be Annie and it would be like that until I die." He explained.

"But when I started getting feelings for Carlota, I got scared. I thought I'd push Annie away and I'd end up losing both Carlota and Annie. But Carlota and Annie both love each other, so there wasn't a problem."

He closed his eyes to stop himself from crying. "And then I fell in love with Carlota."

"When did you fall in love with her?" She asked, curiously.

"Maybe Valentine's day. The day I lost my 'bare' virginity to her." He chuckled, trying to make Elizabeth smile, but she didn't. "Ever since then I'd try to be the closest thing to a boyfriend to her. I'd sometimes forget Brinley was actually my girlfriend."

"I'm happy you're happy with her Landon, but think of all your past relationships."

He looked at her and frowned. "What about them?"

"I was your first girlfriend and I gave you my virginity only for you to end things the next day. I know it was because of the comment I made to your sister but you still cheated on me before that." She began.

"Then your second girlfriend; Natalie. You only lasted 2 weeks because you were getting tired of her non-stop arguing and crazy ex-boyfriend. Third, there's Taylor, fourth there's Rita, fifth Nora, which I still have no idea how you managed to grab that celebrity's phone number."

"What's your point?" He asked, growing tired.

"Brinley was your 6th and most recent. Tell me what all these girls have in common?"

"They're all obnoxious." He smirked, earning a slap on the arm from Elizabeth. "Except you Ellie. I actually feel bad for what I did to you. But I guess, I cheated on all of them."

"Exactly. Landon, I don't think it's in your blood to be faithful. You've cheated on every girl you've ever been with and not with just one girl, multiple girls."

"What are you trying to say, Elizabeth?"

"I'm trying to say, why would Carlota willingly date you knowing your past with relationships. Carlota isn't naive like the rest of us and she doesn't give a sh*t when it comes to a lot of these things, but Carlota said she loved you, right? Despite that, she wouldn't allow herself to date someone like you."

He sighed, realizing everything she was saying was true. "Then what do I do? Continue my cycle of being a d*ck to every girl I meet?"

Elizabeth was starting to lose hope. "Look, it's 3 in the afternoon, you're a bit drunk but you could go over to her house and ask for forgiveness." She shrugged. "It might be your only chance."

He nodded his head. "You're right. I'm going to tell Carlota how much I love her and that I'm sorry."

"Good. Now get out. My brother will be back soon."

He smiled. Landon loved how Elizabeth wasn't too bothered by their past. He loved how she moved past it.

*-*-*

Vote and comment.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: WHAT DO YOU THINK CARLOTA IS HIDING?