Janes POV

If it weren't for her heels, the embrace would be uneven and uncomfortable. I doubt in this case anything could make me feel worse. I just cried into her shoulder and hugged her back.

"I love you too.. I cant believe this is happening to me. The one thing ive always feared." I say.

"Having kids?" Maura asked pulling away and looking me in the eyes.

"Being alone." I said suddunly noticing her face change completely.

"Jane Im here for you. I said that. you are not alone." Maura said.

Except you aren't here the way I want you to be.

"I know that, Maura.. but that's not what I meant." I said.

"Jane I LOVE YOU!" She says noticeably frustrated.

"I know. I love you too." I say.

"No, I really mean it Jane!" She starts crying and I'm at a loss of words. confusion is all I can feel right now.

"Maura don't cry. I don't understand what you mean." I try to grab her and pull her closer.

"Tommy told me you felt the same way. I never should have trusted him!" she says, sobbing, trying her best to keep pushing me away. "Jane. I'm in love with you!"

My face distorts into a face I couldn't possibly make again and my skin turns a whole new level of pale. I pull her closer and I hug her. "He didn't lie Maura. But he broke my promise." I kiss her with a whole new passion and pull away to wipe away her tears. "I love you. I really do."

I need my best friendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें