Mauras POV

I was crying into Jane's shoulder as she held me. its funny how fast the situation turned around. It started with her crying on me.

"I should leave." I said.

"No, please stay." she almost begged.

"why should I? ive embarrassed myself enough already." I said.

"No ones been embarrassed Maura!" She yells. "Please don't be. there's no reason."

"I'm a whore." I said. "I let franking kiss me and now I just let you."

"Frankie kissed you!?" she asks. she doesn't sound angry.

"... Yes. But it was just out there. I was coming here to tell you how I feel. but like I said... ive just embarrassed myself." I said.

"You're not a a whore and you have no reason to be embarrassed." she told me. "Stay the night with me."

"I couldnt." I said and walked away.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me back to her. "Then invite me over."

"Jane.." I started to say.

"Don't speak. Okay. We've had five years of speaking. Right now. I just want to hold you. I want to make you mine. Maura. Will you go out with me?" she asked.

"But Casey and the baby--"

"Fuck Casey, he loves the army more than me, and he doesn't know I'm pregnant. only you do." She wrapped her arms around my waist. "So just answer the question."

"yes.." I answered blushing. I put my arms around her neck. "Id love to be your girlfriend."

"So you gonna stay with me or are you gonna lay in bed alone again?" she asked.

I started turning even more red. "Well I don't like sleeping alone...." I said trying to hide my smirk. "So sure. We can have a sleepover." I said dramatically.

"Okay." she laughed and kissed me. "lets go to bed."