Chapter 9

Jax's P.O.V.

"Gilly?"

She sniffles, "Yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

"Everything." she gives a sad laugh, "Hey, um... I gotta call you back. Bye." she says as she hangs up. Raz looks at me, "Well then, I think I'll call Dad."

She parks and grabs her phone, it rings. "Hey Raz, lemme guess... Smoothies?"
Raz looks at me and laughs, "Yep! Whatcha want?!"

"Strawberry and banana. Duh."

"Kay Dad, I'll see you soon!" Raz hangs up and we get out of the car. "Hey Raz..."

"Wassup Jax? What's on your mind? Ooh! We could turn that into a book! Or a show!"

"Raz, like I was about to say... Do you wish we didn't have to move a lot?" 

Raz's excitement goes down a bit, "Well... I mean... Depends how you look at it, like, our lives would be very different if we stayed in one spot. But I kind of like moving around, it's nice being able to travel. I mean, we've lived all over the world! We were in Europe, Australia, Asia, and not just in those places, but in those places. All over... In some ways, we're lucky." She looks at me. "We've experienced so much, and, I wouldn't trade that for anything."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"I always am."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Shut up! It was one time!"

We laugh and order our smoothies.

Gilly's P.O.V.

Border school.

Those words hit me like a train. Anna's going to border school. 

I look at my 14 year old sister. (A/N: I feel like Anna and Gilly are like 1-2 years apart. And Gilly & Jax are in their 3rd year of high school, so Anna's in her 1rst. And they go to a fAnCy school that's like ~connected~ to an elementary school, if that makes sense, just go with it.) "They're sending you away?" I ask, in shock.

Anna nods slowly. "How long have you known?"

"A while, Mother and Father gave me the first day of school, so today, to try and shape up... But as you can tell, that didn't work... I'm sorry Gilly, I really am!"

"I-I don't know what to say..."

Anna starts to cry. "Please don't cry Anna, I just... I thought were going to do better."
Great, now I'm crying. I walk towards her and hug her. She freezes, but then hugs me back.

"You still love me, right?"

"Always Anna-Banana. Nothing changes that."

"Promise?"

"Of course."

Anna and I pull away from the hug, "You two are free to go home now. I've called your father, he's on his way to pick you up. Have a good day, it was nice to see you again. Gillian, don't forget you have detention tomorrow."

"Yes miss. I'll see you tomorrow." I say as Anna and I walk out of her office. We walk outside the school and a car pulls up. "Hey kiddos." my mom says. "Your father couldn't make it, so I'm here! Hop in."

We get in the car and the drive home is silent. When we step into the house I'm almost tackled to the ground. "Gilly!" three small voices call.

"Hi guys! Did you finish your homework?" I ask them. 
A chorus of 'yes's fills the room.

"Gilly." my youngest sister says, "What's up Trixie?"

"Did you have a good day?" she asks.

"I did, thank you for asking, did you have a nice day?"

"Yep!" she giggles.

"Gilly!" two voices practically schreetch.
"Hey Han, Hamish! How are my favorite twins?"

They giggle and run into my arms. "We're good, how are you?" Han says.
"I'm tired."

"Same!" they say. Man, those 8 year olds are energetic. "Where's Felix?" I ask.

"He's in his room." Hamish answers. I nod and go up to his room. I knock on the door, "Fe, you in there?"

The door opens. A small 6 year old with brown hair and green eyes opens the door. "Hello Gilly. When did you get home?"

"Feeee!" I say scooping him up in my arms. " "I just got home. How you doing?"

Felix settles into my arms, "I'm doing good. I finished all my work, I was reading a book."

"Nice, let's go down stairs!"

"Gilly!"

"Hahahaha!!! You've fallen right into my trap young Cobbler!" I say as I hold him tighter in my arms and run downstairs.

Jax's P.O.V.

Now that we're home, time to unpack! Boring...

I place my bag on the floor next to my bedroom door. I'm gonna try to keep this room clean, after all, 47th times the charm... Right?

It's a good thing I don't have much. Time to get ✨bUsY✨