Chapter 22

Kayla's P.O.V.

School's out for the day, so now I'm helping Gilly babysit. Well I don't really think of it as 'babysitting', more of 'make sure the little Cobblers don't burn the house down.'

Gilly and I have just been sitting on the couch, Felix and Trixie are in their rooms and the twins (Han and Hamish) are watching TV, pretty chill if you ask me. We've all finished our homework so freetime. I'm currently telling Gilly about some drama from class. One of the girls in our class cheated on her boyfriend, with his brother. Out of all people! His brother!

"But you don't understand! It was with his brother!!"

"Kayla, that sounds like the most basic Hallmark movie I've ever heard. And I've seen and heard a lot of them, thanks to my mom and Trixie." Gilly responds.

I sigh, "You're no fun to gossip with." It's true, she gets so bored of the stories so fast, mainly cause she ends up predicting the outcome, every single time.

"I prefer more... Intense intense stories. This is basic, sounds like a 7 year old wrote it."

My jaw drops, "Rude!" Gilly just shrugs and responds with "It's the truth, find something better."

That sounds like a challenge, "Oh I will!" I quickly pull out my phone, scrolling through social media accounts based off of our school. So much to choose from, one post catches my eye. I skim through it, my eyes catching words and names, one being...

Jack.

Oh. Oh? Gilly's ex, things did not end well with them. It was a disaster. 

"I don't think you wanna hear about this one." I whisper.

She looks at me, confused, "Why?"

"It's about Jack..."

"Oh." is all she says.

"Do you still wanna hear it?"

Gilly takes her time to think, she looks at me, "Yeah, but if I tell you to stop, stop."

"Ok, it says..."

(A/N: short chapter :P)