CHAPTER TWELVE -- 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬

butting headsততততত

butting heads
ততততত

          Hoji is as white as a pastry puff-- this is not from fear or any blood-draining emotion. No, far from it. Hoji is covered, head-to-toe, in flour.

He blinks, round, jade eyes shining against his thickly-coated and powdered skin, before puffing the flour from his lips. "You're gunna' die." He speaks clear and slow, something rarely done for the boy.

Hika shields a laugh with the back of her hand, an awkward choke breaking from her held back giggles. It's purely silent for a moment, white dust drifting from the air as the sister hugs a busted bag of flower in her hands, until she drops it. Hika splits into a defense position, hands braced against the raised rock she used as a table for baking.

Hoji stands on the other side of the rock, breaking into a run. Hika bites her lips, a soreness that holds back a laugh as she pushes off the rock and bursts into a sprint. She laughs, glancing over her shoulder as she runs while dusting off her flour coated hands.

The girl makes a sharp left around a much larger boulder, catching Hoji off guard thanks to how nimble she can be and how completely awkward her brother is.

He skids to a stop, stumbling over his own feet and flailing his arms as Hika earthbends a huge crevice into the ground. Falling into it wouldn't have hurt the boy, but it would've kept him occupied long enough for her to run. Regardless, Hoji continuing to regain his balance gives Hika just enough time to slip behind him with a laugh.

She makes a bee-line for the camp, leading Hoji-- who's now only coated with a thin sheet of flour that mainly sticks to his hair and clothes-- around trees and boulders in an attempt to knock him off course and gain a few feet in between them.

By the time she stumbles into camp, both are in a fit of laughter. Hika circles around the fire pit, stopping behind where Sokka sharpens his machete atop a log. Across from him, Is Hoji, a floury mess that hovers over Katara who was attempting to fold some sort of cloth.

The Water tribe siblings are completely confounded, and why shouldn't they be. The two earthbenders just busted into the camp in a craze of laughter, one of which chasing the other whilst covered in white dust.

With no context, anyone would be shocked, and if Aang and Momo weren't off finding berries for the lemur to eat, he'd probably be just as bewildered as Sokka an Katara.

Each time Hoji darts in one direction, Hika hops towards the other. It was a long game of 'who's gonna be first to mess up', and between the laughing of the twins and Katara's whiny tone of a mother, it's hard to tell what's going on.

"Can you two fight somewhere else!" The girl shouts, "I'm trying to sew the hole in Sokka's sleeping bag.

Hika and Hoji pause their game, tilting their heads-- a mirror image, really-- as they both quirk up an eyebrow. The boy would have a hole in his sleeping bag, he slept so wildly that it's a shock the thing hasn't dissolved yet.