CHAPTER EIGHTEEN -- 𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐬, 𝐩𝐚𝐤𝐤𝐮, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬

pockets, pakku, and pigtailsততততত

ততততত

She throws off her parka with a huff, wanting it as far away as possible, though she knew she'd need it later.

Hika has always been skilled when it comes to things like power. She's always been able to pack a punch, but she's never truly used her bending for fighting. Which was unfortunate, seeing as now that they're in the north pole-- where there is literally no earth to be found, like, at all-- she can't use her earthbending for conventional things.

Plainly stated, Hika-- having never actually fought anyone without leveling the land before her-- doesn't know how to wield an actual weapon.

Which is where Sokka comes into play.

He basically owed her, and seeing as Hika helped him make his carving for Yue, which was disposed of in a slightly offensive way, he had agreed to help Hika 'weaponize'.

It was relatively embarrassing when the girl asked him for help. Hika's never been one to admit a weak spot, so trying to say "I suck at this and have no experience whatsoever" was extremely hard to sputter out when Hika refused to say such a thing. She also considered non-benders to be a bit, well, weak, so having to ask for help from one was low for Hika.

Her stubborn, strong willed mindset is actually what brought her to where she is now, grumpily ripping off a stupid, fluffy coat whilst attempting to tie her hair back. Over half of it fell back in her face and what hadn't was left in a small stub poofing out from the band in which she had tied it back in.

Yet her ponytail won't fix how she wields the club-- why on the spirits green earth is she using a club when she has her own nun chucks?-- though she may blame it on such. A quote of 'If my hair wasn't getting in the way, I could've blocked that' proved just how much she won't admit that she actually sucked at this.

So, after seeing the girl become blatantly frustrated with her failure, Sokka attempts to lift some weight from her shoulders. "Maybe a weapon isn't your thing. You're always mad, so maybe actually punching someone would work?"

She'd love to punch him right about now.

"Sokka, I'm not gonna punch you."

"Hand to hand combat is pretty useful when you're opponent is disarmed." He shrugs, grabbing his club from where it stood straight up in the ice just a few paces before Hika. It didn't necessarily have any sharp edges, but when the girl chucked it into the ice, it had stuck, standing still like someone had tossed a stick into the sand. "It doesn't happen often, but it could."

Hika puffs out a breath of air as she juts her bottom lip out, shaking her bangs out from where they rested above her eyebrows. "Fine. I'll try it." She pouts, crossing her arms over her chest as she kicks her jacket further away.