𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

𝗪𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝗪𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧.
𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧'𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗪𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗡,
𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧'𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗪𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗘.

𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐘𝐍 was named after the goddess of Fidelity, who was also known as Lady of Endurance and Victory. The girl found it bitterly funny that her parents decided to name her after the second wife of Loki when her older sister had the god's first wife's name, Angrboda — clearly, Sigyn's father had a weird obsession with the trickster god. You see, Sigyn Flokisdottir never met her sister. Angrboda died as a child leaving their small family with a permanent scar. After this tragic death, Helga — Sigyn's mother — prayed day after day to the gods hoping they would smile upon her and gift her with another child.

Eventually, they did.

Helga couldn't be happier with her blessing of a child — her husband, Floki, however, didn't share the same perspective about their second daughter. To him, Angrboda's death was a sign from the gods that he was not fated to be a father. It was selfish of him to think that way when the woman he claimed to love wanted a child so badly, and deep down he knew. Yet, being aware of his selfishness wasn't enough to stop him from resenting his second daughter. After all, if he didn't get too close to her it would hurt when the gods finally decided to take her from them just like they did with their first child. He believed it was fated.

Her father's bitter perspective of fate, made Sygin hate the entire concept of being destined for something. Of course, she would never dare to say it aloud — not when Floki was so strict about their beliefs and gods forbid she disappoints him! —, but the truth was: Sigyn Flokisdottir utterly despised fate. The idea of having her entire life set for her while all she could do was sit hopelessly and watch the gods' plans being unfolded did not sit well with her. No! Sigyn wasn't one to feel hopeless, in her own mind she knew whatever was to happen to her it would be due to her own decisions and actions. That's why that when her father said things about Sigyn being only fated to bring sadness to her mother exactly as her sister did, the girl became determined to show him that he was wrong — even if he was right, Sigyn was sure she could change her fate if she only worked hard enough for it.

Sigyn was young, though, and knew little about life. She would soon realize that seeking her father's approval while trying to prove him wrong was much easier than cheating fates and facing the gory life of a Viking.

cast.

↳ cast