1|Meeting

When I first met you, I didn't know

-how I'd first fall for your laugh and later for your sense of humor

-how eventually we'd start skipping sleep just to listen to each other breathe

-how we'd get to know one another so well it would take just a shared look to read your mind

-how your bear hugs would become the best remedy to my sadness

When I first met you, I didn't know how lucky I'd just become.

~~~~~~~~~~

S I E R R A

"Oreo!" I called out as I looked around my open plan, two room apartment. It was small, and affordable. It smelt like shit; but hey, every treasure comes with a cost. In the furthest corner sat my double bed with grey pillows and many grey blankets on top, hung on the wall besides my bed was a long lengthen mirror and some other paintings that made my room cosier, in front of my bed was a three seater grey couch; a white rug sat cozily underneath. Along the wall sat a small, definitely not walk in but built in, closet. It's grey.

My favourite colour is grey.

On the opposite side of my apartment was a small kitchen; there was a small fridge, an old stove I really didn't use that much, grey counters; one of which had an old microwave sat on top, and a cheap sink that needed to be repaired. The second room was my small bathroom. It had a toilet, a sink and a small shower.

Home.

I think the fuck not. Everything was itchy and uncomfortable.

I didn't know how I had lost my cat in the small damn apartment but I did, so that was what I was currently doing. Looking for my baby kitten, "Come on, Oreo! I really need to go," I said as I wandered around my apartment, it was a Saturday night; me and my friends were going out, "I need to know you're safe. And fed" I added on before I froze next to my small grey couch. He always hides under the couch.

Nice one, Sierra.

I pinched the bridge of my nose before chuckling dryly, "Wow, I'm stupid." I say to myself with an ironic smile plastered on my face before getting on my knees and looking under the couch.

And there he was; my little fur ball. My baby kitten. He had soft and silky white fur and blue eyes, "Hi, hey, yeah; you. It would be really awesome if you could meow. Show me where you're at..." I spoke to my cat. I love Oreo like a freaking child. I've owned him since I was only 16 years old. I got him when he was only a few weeks old; so he's 5 now. As he stared at me he blinked once.

And then he freaking meowed.

As if he was mocking me. That was a low blow.

I narrowed my eyes at him before standing and turning to the mirror that had hung on my wall. I was pretty; and I'm not saying that in a shallow way, I'm simply confident in myself, like I should be. My light brown hair sat a few inches beneath my shoulders, my shining hazel eyes were filled with life, full lips. I was 5'9... in the heels I was wearing... I'm actually 5'7.

My face was diamond shaped, my body; healthy weight. I hate exercise, so I won't even try to tell you I had a sexy as hell body. Because I don't. I don't do leg day, leave me alone.

I am wearing a black sundress: the top half sticking to my upper body comfortably; still showing off my existent curves. After it reaches my waist it flows down to the middle of my thighs. My legs were bare and my feet were wearing black ankle boots.