7|Mate

I am yours;

with every inch of flesh

and bone in my body;

 and every ounce of love

instilled in me, I belong to you.

with every subtle thought

that slips my 

mind; and every void space in my 

empty soul, 

I belong to you.

my heart is yours; yours

to keep yours to love, yours 

to hold;

but please don't break

my heart

when I have relinquished it to

you so freely.

because I am yours; and

only yours, so please be mine, and

only mine?

~Julie Martinez

~~~~~~~~~~

S I E R R A

"Sierra." I hear the unmistakable voice of Annie. I just want to sleep. I want my uncomfortable bed to keep my warm forever. I want Corbin in my bed with me; I want to lay my head on his chest while he gently holds me. I don't even care that I'm thinking about him first thing in the morning. Do you blame me? I've said it before, and I'll say it again; that man is gorgeous.

I would call it a crush; but it isn't that deep. I think he's attractive. I don't know him personally so I obviously can't decide if I like him or not. Sorry not sorry.

"Come on Sierra, you're shift starts in half an hour." I hear her say with a small sigh. Agh, Tuesday. It must be around 7:30 then, because Tuesdays are the long days. I hate Tuesdays, "I'm awake. Please make me coffee." I mumble as I sit up. I hear my friend sigh again before walking away. I finally allow my eyes to open; she's making me coffee; heartbreak comes with its advantages, I guess. Hehe.

Oh yeah, her brother cheated on me. That's great, "Your brother deserves to rot in hell." I grumble as I lie back down and let heartbreak abuse my heart once again. I hear Annie snort and look at her again, "Yeah, I know he does. I'm not talking to him." Annie tells me as she pours hot water from the kettle into my mug. I lift my arms above my head and stretch as I wake up.

I wonder if I'll run into Corbin again; I mean, who doesn't want to run into a gorgeous stranger, "Your Coffee." I hear Annie say to me. I prop myself on my elbow as I take my coffee from her, "Thank you." I whisper before taking a sip of my perfectly made coffee. I place it on my side table and push myself out of bed.

"Okay, time to mission." No time to mope around a guy that doesn't deserve all of this.

~~~~~~~~~~