10|Mind Link

If my heart could speak,

it would say to you,

"I will not let you go,

I will hold you

in my arms

forever."

~Alexandra Vasiliu
-Author of BLOOMING

~~~~~~~~~~

S I E R R A 

I'm in my room, that's been moved across the house; next to Corbin's room. I'm sitting on the bed that's sat in the corner of the room; staring at the wall in front of me. I'm bored out of my mind. I have been for the past three days.

I'm thinking about asking Corbin to buy me books, maybe some art supplies as well, because I just want something to do. I guess I could go exploring around the house. Familiarize myself with it.

I stand up from the bed and move towards the door of my room, my feet hitting the soft, white rug. When I reach the door, I pull it open. The hallways are empty; I must be alone.

I hum to myself as I step out the room cautiously, looking to see if someone's going to leap at me. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I start walking down the hall, to the right. The walls are creamy colored and has a door every 20 steps or so. How many rooms are in this place?

As I walk down the hall, it turns to the left, so I follow it.

I finally come across some sort of foyer on the second floor, and find two small staircases that could fit two people at once, going upstairs and then one huge staircase leading to a large room downstairs. I feel my eyes widen slightly from awe.

There are marble pillars that hold the roof up, since the roof above the first story is the actual roof instead of the other floors. A beautiful, huge white chandelier hangs from the roof; the owner of the house must be rich. The floors are a beautiful pearly white, and the stairs bannisters are a beautiful white wood. It reminds me of the rooms people have balls in, in the movies. I barely paid attention to it when I was rushing to save "Blake" yesterday, but now that I'm taking it in...

It's beautiful.

I make my way down the stairs, each step echoing through the room. When I reach the floor I look around again.

It's huge.

I blink a few times as I walk towards an arch that leads to the other rooms. To think that a place can have such beauty when it has such an ugly purpose.

I walk through the small hall, paintings hung on the wall. When I step into the kitchen, I step back out and in again because holy shit. The floor has that pearly white floor still. In the middle of the kitchen is an Island, a white, with some purple, vase that holds lavender in it. The top of the island is marble. The counters that surround it also share the same beauty. The top of the counter marble, while the rest is wooden. There's a sink, a stove, a microwave, a coffee machine- the best feature- and even an ice maker.

When I hear him talk; I jump three feet forward.

"What are you doing?" His voice is demanding, but has a soft edge to it. I turn to Corbin with a bored expression. Half of me terrified of him, the other half happy to see him, "Can't I explore?" I ask him as I move around the island to put some space between us.

"By all means do so, but I think it would be preferable if I gave you the tour." He says as he shows me his pearly whites, "It is my home after all. Well, one of them anyway." My mouth falls agape.