Chapter 14 Sports Festival Part 2

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

Hawks and I were seated in his private booth watching as Bakugou took the stage. Since he was number one in our class he got to give a few words before the sports festival began. Bakugo's face held his usual scowl as he walked up to the microphone.

"I'm here to win for y/n so the rest of you losers stay out of my way" Bakugo angrily said

The crowd started to boo him but I blushed to cover my face with my hands.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Hawks asked in an annoyed voice

"No he's just one of my best friends," I said

Hawks let out a little grunt so I peeked over at him. His body was rigged and his face was tense.

A gunshot drew my attention back to the festival. Students were running trying to be the first out of the tunnel. Shoto took the lead by using his ice powers to slide past everyone. The next stage was to get past the robots we had fought at our entrance exams.

"Those are the same robots from my entrance exam," I told Hawks

"I heard you did very well on your exams but if you could have taken my offer then you would have just had to do a race to get in." Hawks said giving me his usual smirk

"Where is the fun in that," I said

"Izuku Midoriya takes the lead" Mic announced

I turn my attention back to the tv to see a race between Izuku, Bakugo, and Shoto. They start running through the tunnel all pushing to get first. Izuku is the first to exit the tunnel followed by Todoroki and Bakugo. Tear form in Izuku's eye and slide down his face. I jumped up and started to cheer excitedly for Izuku. I turn to Hawks who was glaring down at Izuku.

"What's up with you," I asked because I was getting fed up with his personality today

He seems to notice my annoyance so he put back on his charming personality.

"Sorry, princess just a long night of hero work so I'm kind of not myself." He said

I felt like a dick since I was being mean to Hawks for just being grumpy from work.

"I'm sorry," I said

Hawks pouted like a child.

"I don't know maybe I'll forgive you if you give me a hug." Hawks said holding out his arm

I pressed into his body as he wrapped his arms around my body. He let out a loud sigh as his body relaxed against mine.

"The next competition will be the cavalry battle" Midnight announced

I turn my attention back to the field where Midnight was explaining the rules for the cavalry battle. Each person was worth a certain amount of points and poor Izuku was worth ten million points. Everyone started to team up and at first,  no one wanted to be partners with Izuku. Eventually, Izuku teamed up with Uraraka, Mei, and Tokoyami. The cavalry battle started and to be suspected everyone targeted Izuku. With the help of dark shadow and Uraraka floating power, they're able to avoid most of the attacks. Izuku's team tried their best to avoid the other teams but eventually got his headband snatched from team Shoto. Izuku seemed determined to get his headband back from team Shoto.