Chapter 17 Internship

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I stared out the window watching the buildings fly by. Shoto and I were on our way to Endeavor's hero agency. The conversation I had with Iida before I left the train station still weighed heavily on my mind. I hope that Uraraka and Izuku were able to cheer him up.

"Shoto," I said trying to get his attention

Shoto looked up from the book he was reading. His seat was beside me so he had to turn a little to look at me.

"Do you think Iida is going to be alright?" I asked

"Who knows I'm sure he's upset about what happened to his brother but you shouldn't worry about others' problems " Shoto answered

I let out a huff in annoyance wondering how he could care so little for our classmates.

"I'm not trying to sound mean or act like I don't care but you can't force someone to be better. All you can do is be there when they finally need you" he said

I was surprised by his words and felt a little guilty for judging him.

"You're right Shoto" I replied

I was still scared for Iida I knew he chose Hosu city to find the hero killer Stain. Everyone had to of known; the teachers and the hero Iida was interning with but they still let him go.

"Thanks for taking the internship with Endeavor it makes me happy to know that you'll be around," Shoto said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"It's no problem I'm sure we'll both learn a lot from him," I said

The truth was I just wanted to protect him from his abusive father. It would be a bonus to get the chance to kick Endeavor's ass.

The train had stopped and we exited it to make our journey to Endeavor's agency. The walk there was crowded but soon we reached the tall building that had a large E on top.

"That E is as big as Endeavor's ego," I said

Shoto let out a rare laugh.

"Let's go don't want to drag this out," Shoto said

I followed behind him as we entered the building. The receptionist was quick to her feet when she saw us enter. She was eager to greet Shoto but ignored me. I could tell she was the type to suck up to the boss's kid. We followed her to the elevator once we were in she pressed the button that leads to the highest floor. The ride was agonizing as the receptionist try to flirt with Shoto. My breaking point was when she seductively told him that she would do ANYTHING he needed.

"Hey old lady," I said

The receptionist angrily stared at me.

"I don't think the boss would appreciate you trying to fuck his underage son," I said

Her mouth dropped at my words but before she could reply the elevator doors opened. I grabbed Shoto's hand pulling him out of the elevator behind me.

"Thank you"