4. The race (part 2)

Lucien POV

About time.... I thought

Its been a week since I'm back from my business trip, it's been almost a month that some pair of ruby eye decided to taunt me in my dreams and lastly it's been three weeks since I did what I love doing the most, racing.

Racing has always been my safe haven. When I'm on the road,it's as if all my problem washes away. I've always loved racing since I was a teen. I could remember, I got a job just so I could buy my first bike.

I didn't generally come from a rich home. All my wealth now was through sweats and hard work with a little help from a friend.

Bless him

I made a name for myself in both the business world and the underworld.

Since I love racing so much I decided to make money out of it.

As my friend will say... everything you do has a say in your future, emotionally, physically and economically

Its been a while that I've felt relaxed. Let's be honest,I've been quite cranky for a while now(as Nick will say). Perhaps that's why he suggested that I should compete in racing today.

Apart from my Ma and Damien, he's the only one that knows me well enough and I trust with my life

Ding..

Speck of the devil... I thought as I saw the name on my phone screen

"King" I said as I answered the call...he hates it when I greet him like that..

"King "he said in a pitch voice trying to mimick me "where the fuck are you, you know I hate it when you do that"

"Yh I do that's why I did it, I'm just leaving" I replied him" is your cousin there yet?"

"No she's not, I'm not so sure she's coming... whatever just get your ass here ASAP" he said..

oh just how lucky he is...
no one dare talk to me like that, if they wanna live the next day

Only you... Nick... only you

"I'll be there in 10" I said and cut the call. I put my phone in my pocket and took my bike keys and my wallet. As I was rushing down the stairs, I saw my house keeper Carol

"You have the rest of the day off, I won't be home tonight" I said coldly, she jumped in fright as she bowed her head

"Yes Master King"
I went down the elevator to my garage. Since I'm running late I don't really have time to choose,so I just picked the closet one which was luckily my usual race bike, the Ducati and drove off.

 Since I'm running late I don't really have time to choose,so I just picked the closet one which was luckily my usual race bike, the Ducati and drove off

His race bike^^

I texted one of the twin that I've reached already and I'm in my office to drop some stuff. By the time I reached the gang the race is about to start.
"Capo", they nodded in greeting as I passed them to meet with Nick