Corazon x Reader {My Tiny Heart}

(Y/n)'s Pov

I really didn't want to speak to this jackass however he was the only person who knew where my husband currently was. "Doflamingo, when is Corazon supposed to be back from his mission?" When the man had heard my voice, his eyes shifted away from the book within his hands but that grin he had on made me feel uneasy. "He'll be at least another few weeks" I couldn't have been sure but this little voice inside of my head was telling me that Doflamingo sent my husband away on purpose. "That's not good enough he's going to miss Mother's Day"

"Awe, poor (Y/n) that must suck. Fufufu. Where is your baby?" Corazon had already warned me about his brother so I made sure my precious baby was never around this man or his psychopath family. "Far away from you crazy people" I knew the risks of being rude to Doflamingo but this man wouldn't be stupid enough to attack his brother's wife. "Is that any way to talk to your brother-in-law? You should really learn some manners (Y/n) it might make others like you more"

"I could care less if people like me Doflamingo. Oh, and just so you know if Corazon isn't back by tomorrow night, you'll regret it" Going against him was never a good idea but I refused to celebrate such a special holiday without my hubby. "What exactly are you going to do about it (Y/n)? I highly doubt you could kill me and even if you did that baby of yours would suffer the consequences. Oh, brother what are you doing here? You couldn't have possibly have finished your mission yet... Hm, really? Welcome back then and would you please remove your wife she's pushing her luck again?"

"Ah! Corazon thank God you're here! Don't listen to a single word that man says I was good I promise!" I could hear Doflamingo snickering in the background but ignored him as I read one of Corazon's notes. '(Y/n) I told you to stay away from him' He was always communicating with paper though I could never understand the reason behind it since as far as I knew his voice worked just fine. "I know but the bastard had some information I needed. You're not upset with me, are you?"

It was never good when Corazon was upset since he'd refuse to even look at me but thankfully this didn't appear to be the case. 'No. Let's go back to our room I want to see Ava' He loved his baby girl though as I thought about her, I remembered something important. "Oh, Corazon, she said her first word while you were away. You'll never guess what it was" I was waiting for him to ask about the word but unfortunately a certain bird decided to interrupt. "You two are so fucking cute it makes me want to puke. Fufufu"

"No one asked fo-mhhh" I really had no filter when it came to throwing insults at Doflamingo but with Corazon present, it was a lot harder to get away with it. 'Stop it (Y/n)' Even if I still wanted to continue, I simply nodded my head before I turned to face the man. "Pick me up Corazon and I must tell you about this weird brat that Doflamingo's letting stay here. He looks like he's going to stab anyone who goes near him" I refused to go anywhere near that child but as I read Corazon's note my eyes widened. 'Yeah, I already met him. I might have thrown him out a window too'

"You did what!? What the hell Corazon!?" So, this man could throw children out windows but I couldn't fight with his brother now that just wasn't fair. 'Don't worry (Y/n) he was still breathing' I knew Corazon was just playing a part though he really needed to tone it down before he went too far. "That doesn't make it okay! Oh gosh... Hm, come on Corazon we'll discuss this later" Allowing him to pick me up he placed a final note within my hand though after I read it, I pressed my lips against his.

'I'm sorry (Y/n)'

Corazon wasn't a bad person but at times I thought he was becoming too much like his older brother and I didn't care for it. I just wanted my kind-hearted man to stay exactly how he was however so much had changed about him already. "It's okay but just don't let it happen again" Being carried by him was always a risk but somehow, he had made it all the way back to our bedroom without tripped even once. The moment the door had been locked a purple filled the room and the sound of my husband's voice echoed throughout it. "Now what did my precious little one say while I was gone?"

"Heart... You should have been here it was so cute. She's my tiny heart you know? Created by our love and showered with care. How long are you staying this time, Cora?" It was foolish to think the man would be staying more than a few days but a girl could hope. "Not long my brother already assigned another mission. (Y/n) you don't have to stay here and if I'm being honest, I'd prefer it if you left. I've seen the way Doflamingo stares at you when he thinks no one else is around"

"So, I'm not the only one who's noticed it?... I think you're right I'd rather not be left alone with him anymore and we both know that he'll take something by force if he really wants it" Doflamingo might have seemed like this man who valued his family above all things in life but that simply wasn't the case. He really was a selfish person who expected all others to throw away their lives for him and that same mindset also extended to anything those family members possessed, if Doflamingo wanted something he got it. "That's what I fear the most. How about once Ava is strong enough, I'll have you escorted to a neighboring marine base? You'll be safe there and once I finish here; I'll join you. We'll be a family just like I've always promised you"

"Sounds like a plan Cora and one I hope you see through. I love you. Promise me that you'll come back from this alive" I only knew bits and pieces of what Corazon was tasked to accomplish in Spider Miles and even if I could ask, I never did since the truth wasn't something I wanted to hear it. "When have I ever let you down (Y/n)? I'll return to your side no matter what. I love you my darling and happy early Mother's Day"

"I see you're trying to distract me but it's simply not going to work. Although I really hope you're telling me the truth, Corazon... I really do"

~~~~~~~~~~

14 Years Later...

"Ms. (Y/n) sorry to interrupt but the captain is requesting your presence on deck" As my eyes locked with one of the crewmembers, I sent them a smile before replying. "Of course, he is. Please tell him I'll be right out" I didn't understand how my son could function without me but then again Corazon's personality must have rubbed off on him. "Will do Ms. (Y/n)" I had been eating my lunch while staring out the viewing window but quickly finished up before standing and headed for the deck.

"Give it back big brother! You're not allowed to be mean!" Those two were always fighting and I never could figure out why. I mean sure the age gap between them was great but I expected the older to be more reasonable in a situation like this. "What seems to be the problem?" Upon my entrance, both stopped what they were doing to look in my direction although it was my little girl who started to speak. "He's being a jerk!" She was always causing trouble for her brother but it never went past childish arguments. "Is that true, son?"

"No, Ava-ya is just being a stubborn brat" Law might not have been my blood but that didn't mean he wasn't family. After Corazon had died, I made sure I protected them both even if that meant starting a war with Doflamingo in the process. "Hey! Take that back!" She was as loud as ever but I didn't mind it. "Relax Ava I'm sure Law didn't mean to upset you. Was this the reason you called me out here son?"

"No, please have a sit Mom. We both thought it would be a good idea to throw a little Mother's Day celebration. What do you think?" I hadn't even noticed the table sitting on the deck but before I sat down, I needed to do something. "Everything looks wonderful. Come here Law give your mother a hug. You too Ava get over here. Ah, I love you both so much!" Law wasn't always the most loving person but he since let me give him the hug and even a small kiss on the cheek. These two were my children, I'd give my life before I let anyone or anything ever hurt them again.

"Let's dig in!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

End