Vergo x Reader {Pay Attention To Me}

Vergo's Pov

"Vergo stop talking to that bastard and focus on me!" My dear wife had been pacing the length of the office for an hour now but I suppose it was about time she had spoken up. She normally didn't stay that quiet so I was at least glad most of my business had been taken care of without any interruptions. "Not right now (Y/n) this is an important business call. I'll focus on you after I'm finished"

"Fufufu. That's fine we can discuss this more later Vergo. Go on and keep my little sister entertained since we both know that she'll give you hell for ignoring her" The Young Master was correct although the moment (Y/n)'s eyes narrowed I knew an insult was going to exit her lips. "Shut up Doflamingo" Those two were more alike than I first realized and the older really didn't care when she acted like this. She was his blood, after all, the last of his real family. "Awe, love you too sis~ Fufufu. We'll talk soon, goodbye"

With the line gone dead, I finally laid my eyes on (Y/n) as she started to walk towards my desk. "(Y/n) why did you do that? I was trying to speak with the Young Master" She was unreasonable on good days although since today was Mother's Day I probably should have been giving her attention from the moment she woke up this morning. "Stop calling him that. He's old and doesn't need anyone telling him otherwise" I just ignored her comment towards the Young Master and tried to figure out just why she had come in here.

"What is it you wanted?"

"Attention" Of course that was what she wanted although there wasn't much time for that today. Maybe by the end of the night, I could spare a minute or two but being a Vice Admiral had its cost. "I don't have time to deal with your antics today" (Y/n) could have been reasonable although she was a Donquixote and shared her brother's temper. "Don't make me tell Doflamingo you're being mean to me. We both know he'll cut you down without hesitation"

"Five minutes" My day was busy, there were still plenty of papers that needed to be signed and reviewed. "One hour" It wasn't up for debate besides I could spend time with her any other day this week. "Five minutes" Again (Y/n)'s smile tightened but I didn't let it get to me as she took out that small dagger from her pocket. "How about a knife to the gut?" Getting any work done today was going to be difficult and if I wanted to work, I needed to distract her. "Come along (Y/n) I'll make you something to eat. Where did our child run off to?"

"She's only two months ago Vergo. The little monster can't even hold her head up yet... She should still be asleep" I was surprised she had even left the girl alone but right now that was the least of my problems. "You should get some rest. Staying up all hours of the night can't be good for your health (Y/n)" She needed her sleep but even when I volunteered to watch the newborn it didn't put her mind at ease. "I know but I can't sleep knowing something bad might happen to her if I do"

"Then shouldn't you be in the room with her?" I was trying to lighten the mood but it only resulted in her small fist punching my side. "... Shut up Vergo" She didn't even have a fraction of the strength her brother possessed although that might have been because Doflamingo treated her like a fragile doll her entire life. I was still surprised he allowed our relationship after (Y/n) announced it. "My, my, my you're in a mood today" When her eyes narrowed, I prepared for another hit but she only turned to the side all while folding her arms in front of her chest. "You're a terrible excuse for a partner, Vergo"

She was in a mood although that didn't stop me from receiving the gift, I had gotten her. "Here (Y/n) I got you a present for Mother's Day" She had been looking to the side although within a second her whole body was turned to face me. Well, I'm sure she was more focused on the gift. "A present for me!? You shouldn't have" As the gift was placed in her hand, I decided to take a seat in my office chair. "It's not much but I thought of you when I saw it" I knew this gift would please her and as the wrapping was removed the content was dumped into her hand.

"Oh, this is so cool! It's supposed to change with my mood, right? Doflamingo refused to get me one of these and called them stupid. Thanks, Vergo! You're the best!" That small gift would keep me in her good grace although as I thought back to what she had said earlier I couldn't help but bring it up. "I thought I was a terrible excuse for a partner?"

"Hm, who said that? Tsk. Listening to the rumors again?" Of course, she would try to deny what had been said and while I didn't need to, I left it at that. "Come along (Y/n)" She needed to get some rest, those circles under her eyes weren't ideal. I could watch her child while she caught up on some sleep, she didn't need to stay up for days when there were two of us. "I like this present but you know what I really want?"

"What would that be (Y/n)?"

'Whhaaaaaa'

As my eyes picked up on our child's cries I could see (Y/n)'s smile fade. "I just put her down" I knew what she would try to do so before she had the chance, I made her an offer. "I will take care of it. You go lay down and when she's asleep we can have a little fun together" As (Y/n)'s eyebrows raised I realize those words probably weren't the best to use. "Fun? What kind of fun?" I'm sure she had been thinking of one thing although I quickly took it in another direction. "A board game or whatever it is you're fond of. Either way, I will be back shortly... Oh, and (Y/n)?"

"Yeah, Vergo?" (Y/n) was important, and despite who her brother was I don't believe it would have changed the way I felt about her. From the day we first met I knew she was someone I wanted to have. When we met, I thought she was another recruit but when she slapped Doflamingo across the face her status was explained and I knew just how risky it was to fall for her. "What are you thinking about Vergo? Didn't you have something to say to me?"

"Sorry (Y/n) I lost my train of thought but happy Mother's Day. I don't think I told you that yet" As her smile fell in place, I turned to walk in the opposite direction to tend to the crying child. "Oh, thank you. You better not take too long either. I have a whole day planned"

"Whatever you say"

~~~~~~~~~~~

End