A HAWK IN THE OWL'S NEST

The next morning, Rick had decided not to ask his sister about her late night phone call. Although he was curious, he knew better than to stick his nose in his sister's business. He was concerned about her but he knew she could handle herself. If she was in any real trouble, she'd tell him. At least that's what he hoped.

While Rick pondered his sisters odd relations, Lidia was in her room combing over her assignment file. It contained basic information on Beni Juhasz. What peaked her interest was his military background with the French Foreign legion. The amount of coincidences happening lately were starting to bother her. There was a fine line between coincidence and fate, and she was tip toeing it. She didn't want to ponder it too much. She'd hopefully complete her assignment once she boarded the ship, go on an easy expedition with her brother and his company, and all would be well. She had already typed up a preliminary report to send with  whoever's supposed to deliver the expedition supplies today. There's not much she could write besides the details of her scheduled departure. Everything else she wrote was, for lack of better words, bullshit. Lidia wasn't a bad agent, she just hated writing reports about an assignment she has yet to get started on. All she could write was when she was leaving, who she was leaving with, and when she planned to get rid of Beni. To her it seemed unnecessary but she knows if anything happens on this trip there will at least be a record of her last known location. Little did Lidia know, this would be one trip she'd never forget.

----------------

(Lidia's Point of view)

Rick seems to have decided to sleep in today and honestly I couldn't blame him. Sleeping in a proper bed for once probably feels like paradise after god knows how long. It gave me time to get some other work done. Besides going around kicking ass in the name of historical preservation, I specialized in other areas as well. Decoding and translating ancient languages was one of them.

Currently I was looking through photographic samples of a dead language. They were sent over from Greece after they were found in Cydonia. As it stands, no one knows what it means. It's dated somewhere in the late bronze age during the fall of Mycenaean civilization. I'm certainly not the only one working on deciphering it, but being the first to figure it out would certainly do wonders for my ego. Not to mention the bragging rights I'd get in the office. If there's one thing I enjoy more than my job, it's pissing people off. But that will have to wait. Based on the knocking on the door, I can assume my supplies are here. When I opened it I was greeted by Victor. He was from the Hawk division and he just so happened to be my favorite Hawk. He was about 5'11 with dusty brown hair and blue eyes. I held the door open for him as he pushed the large box into the apartment. "Well this certainly is a surprise, I thought you were still in England."

Victor stood with a huff before wiping the sweat off his brow. "Nope. I got transferred here about a week ago, but now they got me doing odd jobs."

"You poor thing. Can't handle a little heavy lifting?" I always loved our banter. People within the agency tended to look down on the Hawks. They mostly focused on reconnaissance and information gathering and not actual field work. I always believed differently about the matter. Knowledge is power, and it always came at a price.

Vic gestured to himself and looked at me like I was stupid ."Do I look like I enjoy heavy lifting to you?"

"It wouldn't help for you to get more exercise, you're looking a bit lanky there baby bird." I poked at his stomach while he tried to swat my hands away. Vic was in good shape, but what kind of friend would I be if I didn't give him shit once in a while?

"Says the Owl taking advantage of her paid time off to go on some fantastic adventure."

"I'm actually on the clock." Vic's eyebrow shot up in question. "Carlyle." That was the only answer Vic needed to hear. Rolling his eyes, he opened the door to bring in the rest of the boxes inside the apartment. "That idiot fucked up the arrangement we had with the Crows so now me and you get overtime."