An Encounter (Rewritten)

A/N: The next several chapters are going to be rewrites of what was posted before so that they now follow the new storyline. I've mostly made tweaks, so a lot of the characters/things that happen will be the same, just in a different context. I'll try to get through these relatively quickly and am hoping to post a chapter a day for these rewrites, but can't make any promises. :)

+++

Emiliano and Luca sat on each side of Simone as she looked in awe at the Florence skyline from the balcony of the apartment — the city's signature Duomo in perfect view. "I'm so glad that we bought this place last time we came here. It's such a beautiful location and at least we have a bit of a refuge from the villa while still being close enough." Simone said.

"Yeah," Emiliano agreed. "But I have a feeling we'll be stuck at the villa, anyway. If we host meetings, it'll need to be there so that it's clear the seat of Rossi power is still there and Claudia is equal to us, even if she doesn't have the official title."

"That's such bullshit. Your grandpa really made things more difficult for her... For all of you."

"Good thing that old fuck is in the grave. Anyway, this time we won't leave until shit is solid and we find out who the fuck this traitor might be. My money is on one of our cousins."

"I think so, too," Luca commented. "I suspect Ricardo and Florentina. They never really respected our decision to have Claudia proxy."

"I think it's her shady ass son. Niccolo is smart enough to pull something like this off and I wouldn't put it past him to betray his mom."

"That's not farfetched. We will learn more once we meet with them tomorrow. But let's start with the new Montella head tonight."

"Yeah, I didn't even know that Amedeo had a son... At least not one that he claimed."

"He was a private man when it came to family, so it's not surprising that we have never heard of a son."

"Oh, I remember Amedeo Montella from last time we were here," Simone said. "He was friendly and his face was oddly familiar even though there was no way we met before. At least not that I could remember. Anyway, do you know anything about the Montella you're meeting tonight other than him being Amedeo's son?"

"Nope, just that his name is Alessandro Montella and Claudia says he has better temperament than his hot head dad, but I find that hard to believe since they still keep the reputation of being brutal as fuck."

"Oh..." Simone didn't say it out loud, but the name Alessandro Montella sounded extremely familiar to her, though she couldn't remember why.

"But no need to worry," Luca assured, assuming Simone was concerned about the brutality of the Montella family. "The Rossi and Montella families have always had a good relationship, which is why we're meeting with their head tonight. We're cordial enough that we can talk about the recent clash."

"Right, okay..." Simone nodded. "Anyway, what should I wear to that shady ass mafioso bar tonight so I can play diplomat?"

***

"I will put a fucking bullet in the next figlio di puttana who smiles at you," Luca spat as they entered the bar. The location was just a few blocks away from their apartment and they decided to walk. Despite being on the arms of Emiliano or Luca the entire time, Simone was still met with whistles or jeers and Luca had reached the point of visibly carrying his gun the rest of the way there.

The three of them took their seats on couches toward the back of the bar where they were set to meet with Alessandro Montella. Emiliano's arms were spread across the back of couch, one going over Simone's shoulders while Luca's arm was wrapped around her waist.