Demands

Emiliano and Luca had matching intensities as they looked at Ricardo on the phone screen.

"I know what the fuck you did!" Ricardo boomed his tan face a deep red with his rage. "You killed my papa! Claudia told me every thing!"

"What the fuck?" Emiliano gasped and looked at Luca.

"Don't worry, you are still her favorite nephews. The only reason I found out is because the bitch got too drunk one day and told me everything. It turns out she hated when I spoke so highly of my papa, because in her words, he was a 'monster.'"

Luca remained silent while Emiliano tried to reason with him. "Ricardo, just let us expl—"

"No! My papa only worked for what was good for this family, but as soon as that crazy bastardo next to you came into the picture, everything was fucked up and you went along with it. He stole everything from me, from this family, and you helped him, Emiliano!"

Emiliano was protective over his brother and Ricardo's words caused him to lose his cool.

"Fuck your 'papa', Ricky! He was an abusive fuck! Worse than our fucking dad!"

"Don't disrespect him!"

"He was a piece of shit! Other than him being your sperm donor, I don't know why the fuck you admire him so much. Now you're ruining the family over it?!"

"I'm saving our family! And keep disrespecting my papa in his grave and I will put the little girl in one," Ricardo countered as he turned the camera to focus on Bianca, who was wrapped in Simone's arms. Simone's face was also in the frame and her face looked more angry than afraid — her glare in Ricardo's direction was murderous.

Luca's jaw tensed and Emiliano's nostrils flared.

"What do you want?" Luca questioned coldly.

"Emiliano," Ricardo started, turning the camera back to himself. "This bastardo is not to address me. I am negotiating with you. The actual Rossi."

"Keep disrespecting my husband and your death will be just that much more painful." Simone could be heard threatening him in the background.

"Fuck you, Ricky," Emiliano growled. "What do you want?"

"I want full control of the Rossi operations or I kill all three of them in twenty-four hours," Ricardo demanded. "That's how long you have to make it happen. So fucking do it!"

"You kill them, you don't just start war with your own family, you start a war with the Davidson family. And you're fucking done, even if you become the leader of the Rossi family."

"I don't give a fuck! So what if I go to war with the Davidsons and die? It won't bring your wife back to life. She'd still be dead. Or, you could avoid me killing her and simply give me leadership of the Rossi family. I am the best candidate anyway."

Emiliano paused and looked at Luca, the two of them incredibly tense.

"I can see from that face that you are starting to see my side of things," Ricardo said. "Twenty-four hours. Make it happen or she is dead. And don't bother trying to find us."

After Ricardo hung up the phone, Emiliano and Luca exchanged a glance as the memories came flooding back to them.

~~~~

Emiliano flinched at the sounds of Luca's screams from the other room and could hear the sounds of each of their uncle Lorenzo's strikes. Antonio was away with their grandfather on business and Lorenzo stayed behind to continue beating Luca.