Chapter 1 - Somehow not the world he knew

A/N: Hello there again dudes and dudettes, with the summer season coming close and the school days are coming to a close, I'll have many free time to write more on this book. Anyways, let's get on the chapter shall we?

"May all your bacon burn."
-DGTV987

Intro:

(Narrator's POV)

Month ? Day ? Year 12,041

It was very dark and gloomy in the bunker, some of the lights in the place were flickering or just broken, the place looks like it's been abandoned for a long time by some unknown reason despite being occupied by survivors of the disastrous event beforehand. In the big room, the machine stopped processing at the current phase and started changing its process, the thawing process of the three pods has begun. As the phase processes, the lights on the big room had opened using the 10,000 year old electric generator's last juices which it's a miracle since it's been ten millennia and it's still running smoothly. As the room that DC resides in brightens up, it is visible that the items or things that are placed outside the pods are now molded, rotten or destroyed in some ways except for the items and the Filipino Boy's stuff inside the big Pod. As every light shines on the three pods, one of them has already opened up and the cat that rests there before is long gone. I wonder where he/she is... it doesn't matter for now, let's just focus on the boy first and not wonder where the cat is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 Hours Later

The thawing phase is finished and the two pods' doors opened. DC came out on a Pod and easily fell to the ground moments from stepping on the floor. I guess he isn't used to it very well since it's his first time to do this type of crap.

(DC's POV)

DC: Ugh... Grabe... Ganito palang kapag nasa 1 week kang makatulog sa freezer na yan... (Great... So this is what it feels like to sleep in a freezer for 1 week...)

After minutes of laying on the ground, I could now stand up on my feet. I could feel that I would fall at any moment, It must be the machine that did it, but at least I can easily manage it.

DC: Wait, nasaan ako? (where am I?)

My mind starts to get clear as moments have passed and now clearly knows what happened before I was put into this hunk of junk.

DC: Oh right...

I take a look around the room that I am in. Upon further inspection, the walls are a bit rustic and somewhat aged not well. After that, I just felt something on my stomach, it growled, I was hungry and needed something to eat.

DC: Putik, gutom ako... (Man, I'm hungry...)

After that short monologue of myself, I started to move around and headed to the big door that only holds the exit of this room. Good thing that it has a lever instead of a hand scanner like the one on the entrance. Without hesitation, I pulled it down, nothing happened. I pulled it up and down again. As I did that, it started to open but it was slower than before. After some moments, it stopped, which made the door partially open. I let out a small sigh and went on through it. Upon leaving the room, I could see that the hallway was looking very grim and rustier than the one on the room that I was in before.

DC: Yeesh... Anong oras akong wala rigdi? (How long was I gone?)

I moved around again to see if anyone is alive in this dump.

DC: Hello? Is everyone in here? Nakamura Akira? Where are you dudes?

I looked around more and tried to call some peoples' names to try to get their attention if they were still here. As a minute of searching passed, I found a door which had a name on it saying "Observation Room". I gave it a couple of knocks on it to try to get some attention from people who are in there, no response. Since the door is unlocked, I turned the knob and opened it. After I did that, I entered the room just to see that made me shocked. Three skeletons, one on the office chair and two on the floor.