Chapter 6

"They have more chemistry riding up in an elevator in their scrubs and lab coats than most people naked in bed"- People's Magazine

They'd been filming for a few weeks now, he and Ellen had gotten into a routine of sorts, meeting each other in the trailer in the morning before walking to set together. He had quickly learnt that she wasn't exactly a morning person, at least not until she had a coffee in her hand. He made a point to make her a coffee every morning and put it in her hand as she walked through the trailer door. The chemistry between them had only grown and the crew had started making comments about it, calling them "Their own Brad and Angelina", of course he and Ellen had just laughed it off but he couldn't help but wonder whether she also thought that there was something more between them. She had told him about her long term boyfriend, Chris, but he hadn't met the guy and couldn't picture Ellie with anyone but himself. Not that there had been anymore kissing scenes between them, although that was about to change. He and Ellen were filming a scene today that seemed like it was going to be interesting to say the least, Ellen was going to be on top of him and they'd both be wearing minimal clothing. His self-control was going to be tested on new levels. It was going so well and he didn't want to do anything that could ruin their friendship, it was all so new still but they were already so close.

They had just brushed their teeth together in the bathroom of their trailer, joking the whole time about "doing a thorough job" and "not being able to taste each others lunch". He was so incredibly lucky to have her with him, she made everything feel so comfortable and normal. Of course he had kissed multiple co-stars before but it was different with Ellen, more intimate, every time they touched he could feel the emotion behind it.

She was swaying around with a bottle in her hand, he was trying his best to be professional and not laugh at her, but she was terrible at acting drunk. They'd had to restart the scene three times already because she started laughing uncontrollably, if it was anyone else he might have gotten annoyed, but it wasn't, it was Ellen. "So you blew me off for a bottle of tequila" he said walking up to her, "Tequila's no good for you, doesn't call, doesn't write, it's not nearly as much fun to wake up to" he said smirking. When they reached each other she grabbed the collar of his jacket, pulling him into her, he leant in and kissed her. It wasn't like their first kiss, it was slower, more natural. He could almost sense everything that she was about to do before she did it, they fit perfectly together, like this was what they were meant to do. He put his hand on her waist, needing her closer to him. He ran his tongue over the seam of her lips to see how she'd react and to his surprise she didn't hesitate to open her mouth up to him. Before it could get anymore heated he pulled away, licking his lips and running his hand down her arm as he did. There was that taste of honey again, he didn't think he could ever get enough of it, the way her lips tasted. "Take me for a ride Derek" she said smiling at him, their faces so close together that their noses were touching, he didn't know how what was meant to be such a lighthearted scene had become so intimate. It took all of his will power to not kiss her again, her nose brushing against his and that giggle threatened to pull him over the edge. He put a tight leash on that desire and forced himself to walk off with his arm wrapped around her waist. "Cut" John (a different director) said, "That was great, guys, just a few more times and then we'll move onto the car scene" he said before walking off to order extras around. "I can't believe you got through the scene without laughing" he said smiling down at her, her hand was still wrapped around his collar. "Once I got passed the swaying I was fine" she said laughing. He tried to search her eyes for any indication that she felt the same way about him, that she was also having trouble separating filming and her feelings. He'd lost count of the number of times that he'd had to remind himself that he was married over the past few weeks and that was without the kissing. He could only imagine how it would be if their scenes became more intense.

"So Patrick if you wouldn't mind taking off your jumper and shirt and giving your shirt to Ellen" John said before turning around to give them some privacy. He took his jumper off and started to unbutton his shirt. "Take your time", he looked up at the sound of her voice, he'd seen a lot of her but mostly her back, he'd never gotten the chance to take in the sight of her flat stomach and the curve of her waist. She raised an eyebrow at him and he realised that he was staring at her and was no longer unbuttoning his shirt. He quickly looked away, the heat rushing to his face as he shrugged off his shirt and gave it to her to put on, he had to admit that seeing her wear his shirt made him way happier than it should have. "You're doing it again" she said smirking at him, "I can't help it, you're beautiful and you're wearing my shirt" he replied shaking his head. "Charming as always" she said smiling before opening the car door, "Are you coming?", at that he got into the car. She awkwardly climbed in on top of him, her legs straddling him with both of her hands braced on his shoulders. "Graceful" he commented sarcastically before shutting the door behind her, she hit his chest gently and said "I'd like to see you try" while laughing. He didn't think life could get much better than this, the most stunning woman he'd ever met was straddling him while wearing his shirt and he was getting paid to flirt with her and kiss her. The only problem was that every time she shifted her weight to get comfortable, the closer he became to letting go of every ounce of self restraint he had. He could tell by the look in her eyes that she knew exactly what she was doing to him and wasn't going to make things any easier. "And action" John said looking at them through the window. "You know what, it sounds like the party is winding down now" he said, he could feel her rocking back and forth on his lap. What was this woman doing to him? She clearly took pleasure in torturing him. "Listen to me" he said while pushing the hair away from her beautiful face, "What?" she said mid-laugh. "We should probably sneak inside now" he said, his hands cupping her cheeks, those green eyes were smiling down at him. "We've done enough sneaking for the night, it was good sneaking, but enough sneaking" she said as he pulled the shirt up to her shoulders. Her in just a bra was one thing but when coupled with the way she was teasing him, well he needed to do anything with his hands to keep his mind occupied. "Yeah I'd say we're pretty good sneakers" he said trying to focus on his lines instead of the way her hair tickled his nose. His hands went up to her cheeks again and she leant down to kiss him, their lips brushed against each other's when he heard a sharp knock on the window. The sound snapping him back to reality and reminding him that there were people watching. "Apparently not good enough" he said, taking the opportunity to brush her cheek once more before reaching over to fiddle with his jumper. "Cut" John said, "We need to shoot from a couple more angles" he said before directing the cameraman. "My legs are killing me" she said putting a hand on his chest, "Your legs are killing you? Really? I don't see anyone sitting on top of you" he replied laughing.